This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello !

Hi guys, had my red Astra VXR about a week now & am really enjoying it ! Been driving Imprezas for about 6 years but just fancied a change this time around & I wasnt disapointed

A few queries you may be able to help me with : Whats the best make & grade of oil to put in these ? Its got delivery miles on it so not even broken in yet & in no need of a service for a while but still nice to know.

Also, washed it twice since last friday :wink: but am getting kind of blotches of dried wax/soap on it after its dried. I'm using a simonez wash & wax & sprinkling it off panel at a time with hose water so shouldnt leave any residue. Any suggestions ? Could there be something that NetworkQ put on at the time of valeting ?

Gav :mrgreen:

Too keep your warranty then you have to use the oil grade that vx recommend. if you put different grade oil in or not to vx specs then the engine goes then the warranty will be void. Secondly these engines are bench run in so no need to run them in. just as the hand book states 600 miles for brakes and transmission thats it

Comment

Cheers Daz, I'd better contact the dealer & find out exactly what oil went in then. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by VXRGAV
        Cheers Daz, I'd better contact the dealer & find out exactly what oil went in then. Thanks
        Should all be in the Owner's handbook.

Comment

[/quote]

Should all be in the Owner's handbook.[/quote]

I've had a quick gander & am pretty sure it mentions a few grades to use in there. Maybe something in the pre-sale check bit. Cheers.

Comment

Could you get pictures of those blotches up - not quite sure what the cause is.

How do you dry the car, do you use a Quick Detailer before rub down? Might be that the PDI was not correctly done and car needs a polish/paint cleanse to remove. You could try Megs Step 1 Paintwork Cleanser and see if that removes the cause.

Comment

I,ve done over 1000 miles now. I suppose i bet check my oil. How often do u lot check your oil level.

Comment

Hi Gav....

HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                  Could you get pictures of those blotches up - not quite sure what the cause is.

How do you dry the car, do you use a Quick Detailer before rub down? Might be that the PDI was not correctly done and car needs a polish/paint cleanse to remove. You could try Megs Step 1 Paintwork Cleanser and see if that removes the cause.
                  I let it dry natuarally the first time which may of caused blotching from the previous detailing done at the garage but hand dried it the second time with cotton chammy. I think it needs drying off and then a good polish with some auto gleem or something. I'll try & post pics later but maybe 2moro as I'm in the office all day today. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                    Hi Gav....

Comment

HI and welcome

Comment

hi gav the oil is a 5w 30 fully synthetic , but some people have changed it to a thicker 1 10/40 synthetic because of the issues with leaking turbos , and if you leave it to dry depending on the water you have down there it will spot get yourself a drying towel mate , infact go in to the detailing section and have a good read or ask vxr marc he's da man in the cleaning world
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                          hi gav the oil is a 5w 30 fully synthetic , but some people have changed it to a thicker 1 10/40 synthetic because of the issues with leaking turbos , and if you leave it to dry depending on the water you have down there it will spot get yourself a drying towel mate , infact go in to the detailing section and have a good read or ask VXR marc he's da man in the cleaning world
                          Cheers fella .... what are the issues with leaky turbos, is changing to 10w 40 somthing I should consider cos of this ?

Comment

yeh just a few have leaked and i was told to change it to a thicker oil courtneys sell it online you can find the link at the bottom of my signature but any will do i suppose mate
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Cheers ... I used 10w 40 Castrol GTX Magnatec in my last Impreza so that stuff should do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X