This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control - fitted

Just got my cruise control fitted by my dealer, and i must say im very happy with it.

all in all cost me £90 odd quid and i do a lot of driving at 29mph and 39mph (due to lots of mobile speed cameras in my area so you dont know if they are there or not and they like to hide around corners) and its works a treat, just done 80 miles to a quater of a tank! so im very happy! plus the dealer only did a 5 mile test route! (which i was very worried about)

so anyone thinking of getting it done, like nike, just do it!

I also got mine done the other day, it's very good, i missed it from the GSi i had before
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

5 Miles to test it, WTF

I'm sick of dealers. Why dont they buy there own fast car?

I'd get on the phone and moan.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
        5 Miles to test it, WTF

yeh when i had my new turbo there was about 11 miles on it
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

do you know exactly what they did i fitted the stalf myself dealer said they activated it on the ecu and it still doesnt work??????

wayner

www.primeshine.co.uk

Detailing and Valeting Southwest

Comment

Originally posted by wayner
            do you know exactly what they did i fitted the stalf myself dealer said they activated it on the ecu and it still doesnt work??????

wayner
            If you look in the ASTRA-SRI VXR TECH section there is a post by DEEJ which lists what they need to do in TECH2 to activate cruise properly

hth
            mark
            sigpic

Comment

any chance of a link Black.

My dealer said mine did not work on the CDTi but i got it working on the way home.

It does not work below 30 mph, or if you have not pressed the brake. you have to make sure you press the button hard to ensure its working.

Q. for those that have had it fitted after new does the green light come on when you set the cruise?

No buld in the dash for it on the CDTi you see.

Comment

Originally posted by wayner

wayner
                4 things need programming
                1 engine ecu
                2 cim country code
                3 the cim c/control
                4 ipc c/control

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c

Q. for those that have had it fitted after new does the green light come on when you set the cruise?

No buld in the dash for it on the CDTi you see.
                  I fitted mine and got Vauxhall to Tech2 it - the green light comes on in the bottom right of dash.

Comment

ok thanks my VXR had it fitted from the factory but the CDTi did not

So all i need it the bulb then

Thanks

Comment

Oh and heres the link alex - http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.u...ad.php?t=22243

Comment

Thanks

I'll get the dealers to check it again to see if the bulb is in and working if they do it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
                          5 Miles to test it, WTF

see im kinda happy with just the five miles, cause i reckon there test route is up this 50 mph road near the dealer with a round-a-bout at the end to come back.....

there is another road nearby that is 60mph zone but they would have booted it down there which could have been 10 miles ....

and it all works fine; as one of the dealers (same chain) quoted me £130 without parts! and they said "ooo we have had lots of problems with loading the software" - dont know how true this is as i dont know any vaux tech's.

Comment

Had mine done on Friday too. Best mod ive ever done to a car, even though I did have it on my old Fabia. Just on the Astra its dead easy to fit, cheap, and im not going through £20 worth of petrol every couple of days

Paid £35 for the stalk and £35 for activation.

Comment

Originally posted by "littlecrimmo
                              as one of the dealers (same chain) quoted me £130 without parts! and they said "ooo we have had lots of problems with loading the software" - dont know how true this is as i dont know any vaux tech's.
                              What they really mean is = They dont know exactlly what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X