This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChipsAway

Has anyone used ChipsAway for Alloy wheel repairs and are they any good?
    I have just been on the phone to Wicked Wheels and they say they need the wheel for 24 hrs as they can't match the shiney silver in their mobile vans!
    Hope somone can help as the scuff is realy getting to me now

i just had mine repaired and resprayed and lacqured for £65 each but that was in a body shop , but the 2 you mentioned are very good i believe , if you can find out the paint code ring em up and then they will come round and do it there and then
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
      i just had mine repaired and resprayed and lacqured for £65 each but that was in a body shop , but the 2 you mentioned are very good i believe , if you can find out the paint code ring em up and then they will come round and do it there and then
      I used chipsaway a couple of weeks back. He did mention matching the colour of paint was tricky, but did a fantatstic job on the drive in a couple of hours. Impressed
      sigpic

Comment

used chips away before - done a good job.

Gonna have a bash at doing my own wheels soon enough!

Comment

I used chips away for a small surface scratch on the drivers door ...that i did with the bloomin key !! ... and cant see it at all ... asked about a scuff on the alloy and he said £40 and you wont know you did it.

They are good as they have the right equipment

Comment

i'll stick some pic's up later of mine b4 and after
            sigpic
            M.U.F.C.

Comment

search my previous posts on here i did a before and after post a few months back

wayner

www.primeshine.co.uk

Detailing and Valeting Southwest

Comment

Used Chipsaway in St Albans on Saturday. Refurbed 3 of my alloys. Took car in about 8.30 and was done by 4.30ish. Excellent job.

Any H

Comment

Is it just me??
                  Been on the phone to my local Chipsaway and was told they would need to send the wheel away which could take up to 3 days!!
                  Just want it sorted ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by haynesmate
                    Used Chipsaway in St Albans on Saturday. Refurbed 3 of my alloys. Took car in about 8.30 and was done by 4.30ish. Excellent job.

Any H
                    what did you get charged for that haynes ???
                    sigpic
                    M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark E
                      Is it just me??
                      Been on the phone to my local Chipsaway and was told they would need to send the wheel away which could take up to 3 days!!
                      Just want it sorted ASAP
                      They are all different mate as they are franchises. Depends on how good the fella is that owns the franchise in your area. They normally come to your house or place of work to fix your wheels.

Comment

£211.50 inc VAT to be precise for 3 wheels. They can come to your workplace or home but they would need access to nearby power supply.

Andy H

Comment

Working...
                        X