This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!! RANGE !!!

Had !!! RANGE !!! come up on my OBC display earlier. I understand that its something to do with fuel consumption when the tank is low & how the computer compensates for this but does anyone know anything about it in greater detail ? Cheers

Gav

Yea, when it says 1 mile **** yourself
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
      Yea, when it says 1 mile **** yourself

Comment

It gives a rough approximation of how much is left. it takes into account your speed etc to determine this. i have seen it go up when doing 40 on a long road. however if you give it some. and i mean foot to the floor you will see the numbers just fade away.

i ahve found it useful for when the petrol guage says 0 and is flashing but the range says i have approx 20miles left. this saves you from the worry that your gonna run out before you can get to a station.

Comment

Originally posted by MadJon
          It gives a rough approximation of how much is left. it takes into account your speed etc to determine this. i have seen it go up when doing 40 on a long road. however if you give it some. and i mean foot to the floor you will see the numbers just fade away.

i ahve found it useful for when the petrol guage says 0 and is flashing but the range says i have approx 20miles left. this saves you from the worry that your gonna run out before you can get to a station.
          Thanks a lot guys, very helpful

Comment

Also it's not very accurate. When I fill up it gives me a range of around 370. Although the most i,ve had out of a tank is 275

Comment

Originally posted by jimster
              Also it's not very accurate. When I fill up it gives me a range of around 370. Although the most i,ve had out of a tank is 275
              I dont think any of them ever are ! Cheers

Comment

the older systems used in the calibra took your average consumption over the previous 12 miles, against approx fuel left in tank and speed.

I guess the newer systems will be similar

Comment

Re: !!! RANGE !!!

Originally posted by VXRGAV
                  Had !!! RANGE !!! come up on my OBC display earlier. I understand that its something to do with fuel consumption when the tank is low & how the computer compensates for this but does anyone know anything about it in greater detail ? Cheers

Gav
                  If you were driving and had the comp on a different screen and this then came up normally with 31.

this is to indicate the aproximate range left in the tank taking in to account the average consumption & speed. this does not always coinside with the dash warning light as this light shows when you have about 1.5 gal left in the tank and flashes when about 0.5 gal in tank.

thus if you have been thrashin it you might have 2 gal in the tank but only 31 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by jimster
                    i have never seen 370 come up in mine i think the most is around the 280 mark but never get 200
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

thats down to haw you drive its only an estimate relative to the amount of fuel in the tank and how the car has been driven

Comment

Just filled up & its now on around 280 I think.

Comment

Ive had mine showing a range of 420miles \/

Comment

ok mine shows 432 and i have done 235miles thus 665.

But it is in the CDTi with an average of 44.1 mpg over the last 5500miles.

Comment

I haven't posted anything on the website before as most of my questions etc have been answered by reading the other topics! So hello!!

However I you my find my experience with the range indicator useful...

I was driving in france a couple of weeks ago and my range was showing about 50 miles, so i skipped the next service station and went for the next, range now showing 30 miles there was only 95ron unleaded, decided to continue to the next service station, turned out to be 50 miles away, was driving with the range on 0 for about 25 miles!!! Not a great experience on a french autoroute driving at 45 mph to keep the fuel consumption down!!!

So dont get too worried when your range gets low!!

Once I filled up my range went up to 479!!!

needless to say i only managed about 225!!

Comment

Working...
                              X