This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise from steering when turning

Anyone else noticed on there VXR's when turning the steering from lock to lock, a clicking sort of noise from behind the steering wheel area??
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

I drove an Astra VXR today and didn't notice it. Absolutely brilliant car to drive. It is much more raw than the Vectra, but I still wouldn't say no.

Comment

The clicking is most likely to be caused by the metal tag of the airbag contact unit rubbing on the back of the steering wheel hub. Take it to your retailer as they should know the fix for this noise from Vauxhalls technical website.
      J.B.

Comment

I think we have this noise as well. I hadn't driven it since I went to collect it a week ago and I have noticed something that sounds like a spring compressing and expanding. Is this what is being referred to?

Comment

Strange that, springs dont normally make any noise when they move! But the noise you can hear is most likely that tag behind the wheel,its a 10 minute job for a vauxhall tech! :wink:

Comment

had the same problem, the car went into the dealer last week, told me it was a part behind the steering that needed to be re-programmed, took about an 1 & 1/2 hrs everything been ok since.

Comment

:wink: Yeah got the noise too. Just like a RUSTY spring. Had not noticed it till 2 weeks ago.[ Following getting the car broken into !!]
              Now its annoying. Apparently a quick fix. Need to go in to Hintons the Dealers to confirm. [ Catherine thanks for site info from Rob !!]
              Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Andy, speak to George in Service he knows all about the noise as our Astra also has it.

Comment

Thanks Catherine. I had only just left him too !!! Oh he will be pleased LOL
                  Seriously my wife calls them the FRIENDSHIP garage as they are always so helpful too us
                  Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

I agree Andy they are very refreshing in this day and age. You can tell they have been around for 40 years, the customer service is as it used to be.

Comment

Without being ageist on myself must have been going there for 25 of those. Reckon I must be the oldest hooligan in a VXR !!!! [ Good sales skills!] Just dont know what they [or the IAM who I now work for part time since retiring] think of that or ME !
                      Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Been to Hintons. Needs a new 'SIM' [equates to most of what is in controls behind S/wheel and has to be reprogrammed.] Something to do with coils and wires loose or creaking. Done about 12 now under warranty all astra models. Got to wait for part. Then takes 30 mins too 2 hours.
                        Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X