This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• type of oil used for service

VXR is due service, which oilis better, 5W-30 or 0W-40 or is their no differance, stealer is saying 0W-40. What would you use and is their a better grade than this. Cheers

due to some turbos leaking including my own i will be changing to a thicker oil eg 10/40's as recommended by courtney sport so i wouldnt be using the 0/40 thats for sure , if your not sure ring courtneys and ask them about the oil ok
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Just make sure that the oil you choose is of vx spec or the warranty will be invalid if it blows up or fails

Comment

Re: type of oil used for service

Originally posted by dimma02
        VXR is due service, which oilis better, 5W-30 or 0W-40 or is their no differance, stealer is saying 0W-40. What would you use and is their a better grade than this. Cheers
        I believe the fully synthetic VX oil is now 5W30 spec and should be fine for the VXR.

Comment

Re: type of oil used for service

Originally posted by Turbowayne
          Originally posted by dimma02
          I believe the fully synthetic VX oil is now 5W30 spec and should be fine for the VXR.

thats the 1 thats too thin :?
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I use the vx stuff then she covered if any thing should go pete tong.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

yes as i said if the engine goes pete tong and you have the wrong oil in it ie not vx spec that is clearly stated in the handbook then you will be paying for a new engine yourself ie warranty VOID

Comment

So 5W-30 fully Synthetic VX oil it is then ???

:? :? :?

Comment

entirely your choice mate just stating how it will be you know how funny vx can be. and everything will be checked on a failure of the engine thats all. Not trying to put the dampers on it. but i did an oil and filter on mine. at my local garage, rang vx for a filter and asked if i put castrol 5w30 long life oil in the car would it be ok. was then told no vx spec oil or nothing, so until out of warranty then vx oil it will be for me.

Comment

What choices are there in the VX oil range ???

I thought the only suitable spec in fully synthetic is the 5W-30 ???

:? :? :?

Comment

Working...
                    X