This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Magnex

Hi all. I ordered a magnex last week and fitted it on the drive last night with my bro. it all went on fine but..... the tailpipe is a little too high. we have tried our best to lower it but there does not seem to be any more play on the rubbers.

can anyone offer any suggestions on how to lower it about 10mm?

see if you can bend down the metal hangers a touch

Comment

Never thought of that. Thanks Aussie.

Here is what i mean:

http://iceled.co.uk/area51/album_pic.php?pic_id=1514

Comment

yeah you dont wont it rubbing there transfering heat and vibrating, metal hangers can be bent down a touch and should see the problem solved

Comment

Get that sorted ASAP mate before the exhaust causes damage to the paint/bumper.

Like aussie said bend the hangers or send it back, Ii had a magnex that wasn't made right, it must have been misaligned on the jog when made.
          Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Right, there is an adjustable hanger on the inside of the rear bumper about halfway across from the tailpipe on the left hand side if you are looking at the car from the back.

Carefully undo the 2 x 10mm nuts and hey presto, you will have adjustment!

Just be careful tho as they are aluminium studs and very soft, mine sheared off recently
            sigpic
            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Hi all thanks for your advice. managed to get it dorted last night. i'm well impressed with it. however i was expecting it to be a bit louder. would changing the cat make much difference to the sound?

Comment

Yes, replacing the Cat for a 200cell Sports cat and replacing the Pre - cat off the turbo for a High flow downpipe should make it a lot louder
                sigpic
                My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Cat it is then. already have the downpipe.

Comment

Working...
                  X