Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Somebody check this out please??!! _ Mechanic_trouble!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Somebody check this out please??!! _ Mechanic_trouble!

my new 3 weeks old VXR was hit from behind by some W*nk*r, it has since had two new exhausts fitted, Because of this i started to notice a mechinical rattle that comes from the exhaust on start-up my vauxhaul approved garge tell me this is normal with the vxr, I do not know anybody else who has one so could somebody please get in the car start it and listen for exhaust noise/rattle?

Re: Can Somebody check this out please??!!

Originally posted by Damo
    my new 3 weeks old VXR was hit from behind by some W*nk*r, it has since had two new exhausts fitted, Because of this i started to notice a mechinical rattle that comes from the exhaust on start-up my vauxhaul approved garge tell me this is normal with the VXR, I do not know anybody else who has one so could somebody please get in the car start it and listen for exhaust noise/rattle?
    Never noticed a rattle on startup from new on mine sorry :?

How hard was the impact? - possibly some of the exhaust hangers got bent out of shape when the exhaust pipe was hit so the system isnt sitting 'true' and vibrating on bodywork?
    sigpic

Comment

no rattles on start up here, try and take it to a diff garage and get it checked then go back to the original garage with any problems the other one spotted.

Comment

Thanks for that,

its a strange one it appears to come from the very tip of the exhaust, the full lot is new and ive been underneath it looks fine.

the impact was hard enough to smash the back bumper but thats about all

Comment

sorry no rattles from new either mate could be like black says the hangers could be bent can you get it on any ramp's ?
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

had someone crash and my rear, needed new bumper. My exhaust now rattles on startup. Dont worry

Comment

just had another go maybe rattle is a bit strong, more of a mechanicle click?

I am maybe wasting time here back to garage might be the best option?

Comment

Originally posted by Damo
                just had another go maybe rattle is a bit strong, more of a mechanicle click?

I am maybe wasting time here back to garage might be the best option?
                yeh i would damo get them to get it on the ramp mate and check it out when starting it let us know how you get on
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I have the back section going spare if you want to swap it over ?

Comment

Im with the click Club, When mine is hot and i reverse into my garage my car makes a clicking noise, i took it to VXRPC they changed back boxes and its still there but not as bad............

Comment

my new 3 weeks old VXR was hit from behind by some W*nk*r, it has since had two new exhausts fitted, Because of this i started to notice a mechinical rattle that comes from the exhaust on start-up my vauxhaul approved garge tell me this is normal with the VXR, I do not know anybody else who has one so could somebody please get in the car start it and listen for exhaust noise/rattle?
                      This is not normal, take it back to the dealers and tell them they are talking crap, I hate it when they try to pass things over as "normal" when they don't have a clue whats causing the problem

Comment

Working...
                      X