This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misfire/eml on

drove my Astra vxr this morning, lost power, started to misfire and engine management light came on?
    anyone else had this??
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

no problems thus far mate
    could it be a bit of condensation in the engine bay following the cold night causing an electric fault, hang on a sec im in the medical industry and your a vxl tech lol
    lets us know how you get on

Comment

I know mate, will be getting it in my workshop 2moro to check it out, just wondered if anyone else had experienced it, as i mite have something to go on??
      will keep ya posted!!
      sigpic
      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

it did happen to my old H SRi, freezin cold night parked outside
        started it up in the morning, idled fine but no excelleration, engine management light on, let it idle for a few minutes turned it off and back on not problems since, put it down to washing car late the afternoon before, condensation in some eletctrics causing a break in the current.

Comment

http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showth...ghlight=recall
          Check this thread out ! A dealer stating the same problem you have mentioned !!!

Comment

Check the main plug into the ECU , some - thats on all Astras - have been known to come loose.
            Stu

Comment

Yes i have had that

I had that happen to me on the third day of owning it and exactly the same happened. I had to switch the car off and re-start it to reset it.. Not impressed as i was showing it off to the new girlfriend.
              But happy to say it has never happened to me since and i have done 2000 miles in it so far.

Comment

did you get to the bottom of it, my zafira vxr is doing the same thing with 8k on the clock.

seems to be running retarded on the ignition, sometimes under hard accelleration the engine mangement light comes on, misses on more then one cylinder or so it feels like, reset the ecu and its back to as good as its gets.

Comment

sounds like the emissions overloading!! thus probably down to spark plugs and coil pack same happened to mine 2nd day of owning car, took it in for spark plugs upgrade and never happened again

Comment

Just had mine in for the same thing however I dinn't have the management light on. The good news is the software has changed since it was born so the guys at Patrick Vauxhall downloaded it into my baby and also ordered new plugs as per info from vauxhall. Now I know cars always seem to run better when you get them back but 4 days later its just getting better & better and thats without the new plugs. Hope they arrive this week. After this I can only think its down to the origional map.
                    Now if this has put a bigger smile on my face I am def going to have stage one later this year. Recomendations please for best Stage one. Thanks. Oh yes and thanks again to Patrick Vauxhall Durham

Comment

do you have to book it in or can you change the plugs yourself...

Comment

you can change them yourself if you want, but it is a warranty issue so you will probably have to pay if you do it yourself, but it is worth doing the coil pack at the same time

Comment

I will get it booked in, it will proberbly be in weeks time, I have only just collected it from a dealer, (NETWORK Q) 114 point check apart from the ENGINE !!!!

it still managed to keep a Integra Typr R at Bay, he had one of those suppised looks on his face when he could only just keep up....

Good old Transit van with windows and a turbo.

hopefully It will run how its supposed to after its visit to the stealers.

Comment

well, I have had the coil pack changed and plugs complete with ecu remap from vauxhall.

but...

after 5 days it back again....

reset the ecu and its stops, the car has always had a stutter shall we call it in the midrange, once its started stuttering then its the same upto the redline.

It has not felt right since i picked it up over 2 weeks ago.

The garage had it on the tech 2 which said missfire on cylinder 1&2 occasion 4 or somthing around that, they replaced the coil pack and plugs supposedly....

any other advice on what it could be.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X