This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav in VXR??

Anybody got any pics of the factory fit Sat Nav in their VXR Astra? Is it iworth the extra £1200. Does it work from a DVD? If so, where is the DVD unit mounted? Thinking of ordering a VXR after looking at many of its competitors and must say that I enjoyed the drive the best of all. Just fancy the Sat Nav as a toy. Is it worth it?

We drove an Astra VXR yesterday with the system. We were very impressed with it. Yes it is DVD based and is full colour. I have had 2 cars with factory fit sat nav and the Vauxhall system was by far the best. It was bang up to date (unlike the Subaru one I had 12 months ago).
    Sorry I don't have any pictures of it.

Comment

I've got it in the vectra and I think it is worth it. My dealer has a Silver one with Sat Nav. I think its very good. Th eonly thing I don't like is the lack of ability to set more than one POI. Also I would like a speed indicator from the GPS sat, just like allot of Sat Nav systems have.

Comment

i have the sat nav in my VXR also had the factory fit in my old H SRi.
        I would say definately worth the money and the screen looks much better than the standard

Comment

Having tested a lot of Sat nav systems the Siemens based unit in ours is one of the easiest to use and very accurate -as tested by AutoExpress.
          We fit in all our cars as some management tend to go walkabout but it also increases the residual value at resale by £500.
          Versus the chav nav stick on windscreen types you'll find the factory fit systems don't lose signal as often and start up is most quicker.
          Navteq do the mapping and most companies use Navteq for this. We use ITIS for the dynamic navigation part for traffic info etc.
          And its CD ROM not DVD based.
          HTH
          Stu

Comment

Agree Stuart but one of the more important things is that due to the build of an in-car unit once you loose the signal the map still displays your direction and change of direction e.g going through the Lime house link tunnel.

Comment

compared my cd70 with Louises road angel sat nav on Sat and must say mine is much easier to use and as one of the motorways was closed off mine automatically gave me another route where as Louises kept wonting us to go back, well worth the money :wink:
              the traffic updates etc is a nice little feature

Comment

Must agree as well, I've had second generation factory fitted colour Sat Nav, in my last two cars (a Vectra GSi and an Astra GSi) and it is far superior to any hand held unit and since the controls are all on the steering wheel you can use it on the move without much distraction.
                Also because the voice commands come through the speakers they are much easier to hear over the stereo and the third generation one now coming in the new cars looks even easier to use and I certainly wouldn't buy a new car now without it.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies guys - I think I will be ordering with the unit. So I the full spec for me will be VXR in Silver with Sat Nav / Cruise / 19' wheels. Just need to shop for a good deal now!!
                  Thanks again

Comment

I would like to see a silver one. Haven't seen one as yet.

Comment

sat nav in vxr

the factory fit unit may be better than the hand held systems but does it justify the extra £900 or so pounds for the amount of time that you realistically use sat nav (not just as toy) ?

Comment

Working...
                      X