X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub

Hello people....

Just wondering if its possible to hook up a subwoofer to the standard CDMP3 30 headunit? if so how? what do i require? i got the wiring kit al the problem is to hook the phono leads into the system as it has no pre outs..

Hey, You need an Amp, the wiring kit (which you have) also you will need a ground loop isolater to stop bad feeds goin to the sub. I have a sub and this is all I required, it cost me $30 for fitting.

Regards

Comment

thnx for the reply

got the amp aswell but i need to connect the phono leads to the headunit right? the headunit (Standard Vauxhall) doesnt have the output for me to plug in those leads... .any other way?

Comment

my fella fitted my subs with a rca connection by tapping the rear speaker outputs fromt he back of the radio, it took him a hour and 30mins tops

Comment

This is just what i am after but what colour leads to you attach the phono leads to in the stereo loom and where do you get a ground loop isolater from? is this necessary? where do you fit it?

Comment

Originally posted by MadJon
            This is just what i am after but what colour leads to you attach the phono leads to in the stereo loom and where do you get a ground loop isolater from? is this necessary? where do you fit it?
            u dont need a ground loop isolater, i fitted it behind the head unit and followed the wiring info ont he back of the head unit, its a real straight forward install, I used the scotch lock connecters x4 and just tapped the loom that way.

where about u based i dont mind showing ya

Thanks
            Neil

Comment

I'm based up on the wirral in Ellesmere port. its ok i think i know which wires to connect it to (had a look last night). i just thought this was never possible.

by tapping into the loom direct won; that be giving "bad feeds" to the amp or does your amp have a filter to remove these?

Comment

I have just tapped off the speaker outputs on back on head unit to the high level inputs on the amp, this works perfectly and i have no noise or feedback. Not the best method using high level but when the low level(RCA) is not available its either that or change headunit. I run Infinity components up front replacing the standard speakers using the two front chanels on the amp and bridge the rear two chanels to drive the sub in the boot.

Never believed this would sound anywhere as good as it does, great little setup and all supplied and installed for only £600

Comment

Thanks for your advice. i do have a 1000w amp with high level inputs. i'll give it a go sometime.

thanks

Comment

thanks ok ive fitted in the sub and amp to the standard headunit

quick question where did you guys/girls wire your remote wire too? i have to manually unplug the remote wire temporary..... thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X