X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• induction Kit

Hello people

Is it worth putting in a induction kit?? can you notice the difference? i was thinking of getting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...link:middle:uk

is that the correct one and is that one any good?

Thanks

According to the listing, it says you'll pic up '5 horsepower'. No, you won't feel that. That being said, ninety-nine bucks (I mean pounds ) is not a bad price to pay, because you'll never have to buy another air filter. K&N makes a decent, reliable product, just not the most horsepower. In comparison, I've got what's called a 'Blackwing' on the vette. Same principle as the one you want, though there is a 'little' more of a ram-air effect. Dyno'ed before and after the install, and picked up 12.2 horsepower. But the Blackwing cost $300 Have you researched other name brands?

Comment

does the car noise sound any different?

Comment

i would recommend staying away from an open cone filter mate,
        if you wont an induction kit look more along the lines of an apollo

Comment

You CAN hear a little more of a 'shooshing' sound (for lack of a better word :? )on WOT, but it doesn't sound bad at all, and completely non-noticeable with an aftermarket exhaust.

Comment

As aussie says stay clear of any open air kit, any filter needs to be a cold air feed type or you will just drawn in hot air and loose hp

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I have fitted that Filter to my VXR, i know what everybody says about power loss but i havn't noticed any loss at all through heat soak.

The sound of whooshing on lift off and the induction noise on throttle is well worth the £80.

Comment

so what kind of induction kit should i go for?

Comment

i would go for the apollo or if money is good either the pipercross viper or even consider the dbilas flowmaster
                  Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

One with a sealed cold airfeed mate, like a Viper for example. I had an open air quickshift filter on my old SXi, which stole some of my bhp, and I'd guess the vxr produces a lot more heat, so be careful

Comment

Agree with Dan, I have had the k&n induction kit on for 5 months now and haven't noticed any difference at all in performance plus it finishes off the colour coded engine bay better than the standard air box.

Andy

Comment

standard airbox standard filter, £80 buys a lot of standard filters and your warranty will remain in tact

Comment

Working...
                        X