This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete motoring plan?

Give me your thoughts on this plan just sent to me by vauxhall...

Routine servicing included 1 per year

Vauxhall assistance (which i thought was included?)

Maintenance and repair? (Is this not warranty?)
    All your bills for maintenance and repair of any mechanical or electrical failure.....

Mot test repairs (Thought it was not needed for 3 years?)

This is a 3 year plan for £15 per month which is £180 per year.....

Am a touch confused as all seems covered anyway other than a service????

Now am i barking up the wrong tree or is this misrepresentation of the facts by Vauxhall and misleading....
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

I'm not a Vauxhall expert by any means, but it sounds to me like they are trying to sell you something that SHOULD be covered under your factory warranty. When they say maintenance, does that include oil changes and brakepad replacement? Even if it does, it still sounds pricey.

Comment

i have the complete motoring plan on my vxr

i think its good value for money you get the top aa package for 3 years not 1 year at the top and two years wat the bottom aa package like normal and your 2nd service will be probably twice as exspensive as your 1st service and much more needs to be done and checked

i THINK ???

plus its one less pay out each year to worry about you dont miss the £15 a month

i`m happy with the package proably some arnt but its all down to personal choice

just nice to know you have no maintaince costs for the first 4 years except loads of tyres!!!

wayner

www.primeshine.co.uk

Detailing and Valeting Southwest

Comment

Sent me the same thing but i didnt bother with it.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Brake pads etc dont apply....

My point here is

IS AN MOT REQUIRED IN 3 YEARS ??????

IS REPAIRS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY???????
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

IS AN MOT REQUIRED IN 3 YEARS ??????

yes mot at 3 year point.

IS REPAIRS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY???????

yes thay are in most case's

I think you get better AA cover and dont have to pay for the service as the £15 covers that.

Comment

Right so what we are saying is that due to not having plan yet the mot will come up at around month 35 of the 36 month plan.....ah ok!!

But still dont understand repair section ...Is there something different from repair to warranty?
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

May be some thing like say tyre blows out not covered under warranty but may be under this or the the seats thay only covered for 1 year wear and tear, think if you are interested in this give your dealer a call.

Comment

U should sign up Marc. They throw in a free car wash aswell :wink:

Comment

yer i went for this but was told that ALL parts incl brake pads etc were covered. only things not covered are tyres and exhaust?!? Also are Thorney involved in this ie. claim back from vxl for serice costs? or just the dealer you purchased from?

Comment

Originally posted by jimster
                      U should sign up Marc. They throw in a free car wash aswell :wink:
                      Thats me out then
                      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

My dad just left vaux, asked him what it was, he said "complete waste of time that." Enough said really.

Comment

They sent me a completed form, with all my details on it (car, name, address, reg), all I had to do was sign it....so I did...

Couple of weeks later, I get another letter back saying, Monaros are not covered.....so why send out the form, they knew it was for a 'Ro

Comment

I got one sent through for the Corsa, saying I had to sign up before car was 3 years old, problem was it arrived 1 week after the cars third birthday

Comment

does seem a waste of money.........
                              the only good point i can see is the standard warranty
                              is one year unlimited mileage, second and third year
                              upto 60,000 miles [ from registration]....................
                              the complete motoring plan can cover you upto 100,000 miles,
                              depends on how long you keep your car and your annual
                              mileage,

Comment

Working...
                              X