This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie,VXR Questions

Went into dealer and ordered a new Vxr in arden blue with a few extras last tuesday
    As of today the dealer still hasnt ordered it and phoned today talking about getting me a red one from another dealer........Told him i would wait for new blue one but he doesnt seem to be listening to me!.
    Anyone any idea how long a wait it is for one??,Im going back in tomorrow and find out exactly whats going on as i was told the day after i ordered by the manager that it was "en-route".
    Due to take my deposit back and go elsewhere

I am sur ethere are a few around in Blue. Dealers have the option to do dealer transfers unless they are paid for, so get them to search around.

Comment

Stick to your guns. If you want blue the dealer will have to get you blue. There are many other dealers whom I am sure would be more than happy to do business with you.

Comment

He says hes tried,
        Says because i want 19s,suspension upgrade and full leather then it looks like a wait of 4-6 weeks
        Think i could do without the IDS ? ?

Comment

Question, why suspension upgrade?

Comment

Salesman said that with me optin for 19s then id be better with it,something about the power the car has,take it i can do without ? ?

Comment

Sorry I don't agree. The standard suspension is well up to the job. If you want true handling and performace, drop the 19's as the car will be better on the 18's, very slightly better acceleration and better balance and handling on the 18's. 19's good for looks

Comment

Cheers for the info sparky
                Going in tomorrow to find out exactly whats happening and see if i can get one a bit quicker if i drop the suspension upgrade and maybe drop to half leather

Comment

Good luck, have fun. Need help PM me

Comment

Totally agree, I drove an Astra on 19" at the weekend and that did not have a suspension upgrade and it didn't need it.
                    Seams to me that someone possibly has a cancelled order lurking and they want to get rid.

Comment

The dealer should order the car you want. Simple as that. A 4-6 week wait is pretty good for a factory order car ( ask those who ordered in April last year to receive in Dec.....)
                      You do not need to upgrade the suspension to CDC for 19" wheels
                      Which dealer is messing about on this ??
                      Stu

Comment

You're paying for it you should be able to get it how you want and a four week wait is good, I had to wait 3 months for my Astra GSi and my VXR is likely to take about 6 weeks. Just think how good it will be when you do get it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                          Sorry I don't agree. The standard suspension is well up to the job. If you want true handling and performace, drop the 19's as the car will be better on the 18's, very slightly better acceleration and better balance and handling on the 18's. 19's good for looks
                          I agree with most of Sparkys comments, except the 19 inch wheels will give you better acceleration, as they will reach 60 in second gear, the 18s wont, the 19s have a larger footprint so are more able to get the power down, The car was designed with the 18s in mind and without the suspension upgrade which was mainly aimed at the european markets where roads are less bendy than ours, the european OPC cars fitted with ids+ as standard do not have the benefit of the lotus tuned suspension that the VXR has. The 19s look stunning and certainly turn heads, downsides are they are very close to the tarmac and leave absolutley no margin for error whatsoever, you so much as tenderley caress a curb you will be in tears. The car was designed around 18s, but that was only because they do not make slicks for 19s.

Comment

Ahhh so the debate goes on. I have to disagree with better acceleration tee hee. Yes the 0-60 times is better but only because you don't have to change gear. If you look at the pure acceleration and I guess we are talking a small amount really the 18's will be better for 3rd, 4th etc. Also as the 18's run a different offset (43 on 19 to 38 on 18 ) and the tyre wall is not so narrow they give a better feel. All said very politely I'll have you know. Have to bare in mind also that the wider track does not naturally give better grip as the weight is distributed evenly over a wider track and therefore not so much weigh on each contact area to grip (especially on the Astra weight). I know I know all a bit pickie and I think all views are very valid, but it makes for interesting conversation.

Comment

little bit more than that Stuart (S3)
                              the 18's where also chosen over the 19's as they do handle UK b-roads more so than the 19's, as i found out on Sat, twisty corrigated and winding roads the passive and 18's feel more confident, stable and more directional than do the 19's at high speed which has a tendency to hit the bumps hard and are more inclined to lose traction on these road conditions, have a chance get a VXR with both set up and back to back play on some ruff b-roads and you will feel the difference.
                              yes the 19's are the looker between the 2 and .1 to .2 of a second quicker to 60 (easily fixed with full milltek ) but the 18's do handle the typical b-roads more so and have the edge in handling hence the reason the 18's where chosen as wheel of choice by Vxl & Lotus for the chassie and suspension development

Comment

Working...
                              X