This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling windows

Anyone else get this? when they are down a bit they rattle, no matter how hard you try to just tweak them to get them right so they don't they rattle.

Is there a fix or something the dealer can do?

Thanks

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

there's been a few threads about this now and i think it's 1 of those annoying problems like the rear lights misting up , but i'm not sure how it was remedid p.s mine dont rattle
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

yeah but my wheels aren't scuffed!!! LOL sorry mate only a joke, i'd rather have a scuffed wheel than having windows that you can either have fully up or fully down!!

Drives me up the wall. I'll have a search, if anyone else knows where the thread is drop a link in here please.

Ta
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
        yeah but my wheels aren't scuffed!!! LOL sorry mate only a joke, i'd rather have a scuffed wheel than having windows that you can either have fully up or fully down!!

Drives me up the wall. I'll have a search, if anyone else knows where the thread is drop a link in here please.

Ta
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Well I've had a look and it's a bit vague, some people are saying that they are sorted under warranty and others saying that the dealer won't touch it, then Thorney says it's the runners and it can;t be fixed long term.

Well I don't know now, will tell me dealers see what they say....

Bet it's "we've had a look and we can't find a problem" as always.

Comment

Mine dont rattle but i do get wind noise every now and then at 70mph or above which is really annoying. Cant be arsed takin it to the dealers, because it'll probably come back needing a new window, curbed wheels and with scratches all over

Comment

that's right mate, i hate taking mine to the dealer. I usually find what the problem is off here then tell them what needs to be done to fix the issue.

To$$ers most dealers are.

Comment

when mine was in for its first service i got them to look at mine as they do the same.it looks like the glass is hitting on the black plastic that holds the door mirrors on.they said they would open a case at vaux about it.
                cant see them ever doing anything about it.some body told me to file some of the plastic away a great cure for a £20,000 + car

Comment

Had mine looked at and was told that Vauxhall are investigating as part of a wind noise investigation.
                  Seeing as some have had theirs fixed I moaned at them. They took the door card off to see if the runners were ok and that no rivets were missing (as per some of the cars that have been fixed) but its all ok.

On the way home I noticed that, low and behold its rattling against the mirror housing
                  Apparently early fixes that removed part of the mirror housing cause wind noise!

Just a case of waiting now I think :? Bit of a crap design oversight...
                  Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Had mine done last week and was told it was down to them banging against a part from the side mirrors - all fixed now with no charge!

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                      Had mine done last week and was told it was down to them banging against a part from the side mirrors - all fixed now with no charge!
                      what did they do to fix it ???????
                      could you let us know

Comment

Just open them past the upright bit in the corner, where the mirror mount/housing is They don't rattle then!

Comment

i suggest we all complain to the vaxhall service center number thingy, ive lost the number tho but they still know about my rattling windows problem!

im sure if most of us complain they will surely do something?

Comment

Working...
                          X