This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

How cheap have people got a new pair for and where from. Also who to trust to fit them? Had some tyres changed on my last scoob at kwikfit and they had big dents where the machine had dug into the metal inside the wheel.

Re: Tyres

Originally posted by TEACH
    How cheap have people got a new pair for and where from. Also who to trust to fit them? Had some tyres changed on my last scoob at kwikfit and they had big dents where the machine had dug into the metal inside the wheel.
    Went to my local ATS when I had a puncture and they refused to touch it saying thier machine would damage the wheels. They sent me to Pro Tyre.

133 for Conti SP3 fitted by Pro Tyre in Bristol, no tool marks on wheels. Used them twice now as I wore the fronts out. Excellent both times.

Comment

Originally posted by MStacey
      Went to my local ATS when I had a puncture and they refused to touch it saying thier machine would damage the wheels. They sent me to Pro Tyre.

133 for Conti SP3 fitted by Pro Tyre in Bristol, no tool marks on wheels. Used them twice now as I wore the fronts out. Excellent both times.
      Slightly off topic, but have you got the address for Pro Tyre? I couldn't find them on the internet. Usually go to Bathwick tyres on the A4 but they wanted £70 just to fit two tyres!!

Back on topic! The cheapist I've seen is from mytyres.co.uk. I got 2 new 18" toyos for just under £200. Then paid £15 per tyre to have them fitted.

Comment

i get my tyres through a friend at rsr

Yoko Prada on my 18's 160 for the 2

Comment

Toyo 18"'s set of 4 £360 then paid £12 per type fitting

Comment

Should have said, i dont have the girly 18's so will need 19's. I have always looked on mytyres but never ordered. Anybody had theres done at a Vauxhall dealer?

Comment

Should have said, i dont have the girly 18's so will need 19's. I have always looked on mytyres but never ordered. Anybody had theres done at a Vauxhall dealer?
              GIRLY!!! :wink:

I never get tyres done at a dealer because tyres is not what they primarily do. Therefore I feel safer going to a proper tyre place because that IS what they do and should have had plenty of experience not to damage the alloys!

Comment

Girly - grrrrrr

Comment

a mate got 2 conti 19s for his vectra from a dealer £160 each.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but have you got the address for Pro Tyre? I couldn't find them on the internet. Usually go to Bathwick tyres on the A4 but they wanted £70 just to fit two tyres!!

Back on topic! The cheapist I've seen is from mytyres.co.uk. I got 2 new 18" toyos for just under £200. Then paid £15 per tyre to have them fitted.[/quote]

CHURCH ROAD LAWRENCE HILL BRISTOL BS5 9JJ

Comment

Originally posted by MStacey

Back on topic! The cheapist I've seen is from mytyres.co.uk. I got 2 new 18" toyos for just under £200. Then paid £15 per tyre to have them fitted.
                      CHURCH ROAD LAWRENCE HILL BRISTOL BS5 9JJ[/quote]

Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X