This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 mile oil change

hi, my vxr has just reached 1000 miles, is it a good idea to have the oil changed ?

mines just done 1100 miles no one said any thing about the oil change at vauxhall to me :? any body had it done at 1000 miles

Comment

I personally cant be arsed and i probably wont have the car when its 3 years old anyway. Alot of members have changed the oil at around 1000k though.

Comment

officially the service intervals are 20,000 miles or 1 year from new. i changed mine after 5000 miles. new engines do not need to be run in nowadays

Comment

I work for Vauxhall and get cheap if not FREE oil changes

I have done 11000miles now and had the oil cand filter done at 1000miles 5000 and 10000 and can say i think my car runs like a dream

Its never missed a beat and ill change it again at 15000

Comment

Still haven't done mine 8000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
              there`s no advantage to doing it any earlier anyway.

Comment

Oh good. Aslong as i don't kill the poor girl lol.

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                  I used to work for a boat building company supplying suzuki 4 stroke outboards (basically car engines on boats) we used to change the oil after 20 hours use so that any crap is removed sometimes the oil was perfect and sometimes there was a silver tint to the oil ( a very faint one)

End of the day it cant hurt to change the oil and surely surely it will benifit from fresh oil how can it not.........

Comment

Yeah i guess so

Comment

Originally posted by VXR ned
                      I used to work for a boat building company supplying suzuki 4 stroke outboards (basically car engines on boats) we used to change the oil after 20 hours use so that any **expletive deleted by Admin** is removed sometimes the oil was perfect and sometimes there was a silver tint to the oil ( a very faint one)

End of the day it cant hurt to change the oil and surely surely it will benifit from fresh oil how can it not.........
                      true.
                      but your engine will not last longer or perform any better with shorter oil change intervals,so im not sur where the benifit comes? :?

Comment

Longevity dear boy, Longevity...

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                          longevity of what?

Comment

Originally posted by VXR ned
                            I used to work for a boat building company supplying suzuki 4 stroke outboards (basically car engines on boats) we used to change the oil after 20 hours use so that any **expletive deleted by Admin** is removed sometimes the oil was perfect and sometimes there was a silver tint to the oil ( a very faint one)

true.
                            but your engine will not last longer or perform any better with shorter oil change intervals,so im not sur where the benifit comes? :?
                            How could it not perform better with nice clean fresh slippery oil rather than dirty black oil.....

Come on now think about it how can it not wat your saying dont make sense ???????????

If you and the missis get frisky one night wat u gonna use an old used tub of KY or a nice fresh tube lol....

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                              longevity of what?
                              The little hamsters that run around your wheel mate...

Comment

Working...
                              X