This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTI Edition 30 + a Bluefin = stage 3 Astra VXR competition

Spent the day with my hands on one of these and had Mark along for the drive TC on and TC off

Superchips development & promo Golf GTI Edition 30 running nothing more than a bluefin and putting out 300bhp and 290lb/ft of torque and doesnt the thing shift, 1st & 2nd is limited, throw it into 3rd and all hell brakes loose in a smooth way , one very quick hot hatch that would sure scare a stage 3 VXR, power delivery is very smooth and not as aggressive as my VXR in the lower gear ranges, revs out very nicely, got cought out a few times as it doesnt "bounce" off the limiter as per the VXR, power just seems to fade out, was nice to drive and even had a tuned astra G SRi turbo give it ago, lets just put it this way, not a chance in hell

Would i own one? in this tuned state i would and at £599 to obtain 300bhp its hard to over look

Negative points, seats are very comfortable and supportive just not a fan of the pattern at all, needs a retrim for sure and for the external appearance doesnt have that stand out aggressive factor as per the VXR but then it didnt take long for the SRi owner to spot me out and put up a challenge not sure he was much of a challenge to be honest
    Could also do with a brake upgrade running this sort of power, didnt take long for them to fade

The return of the mk1 golf ball gear knob is a great addition.

That trim is HORRENDOUS........ Really not feeling the scottish effect in the centre section sof the seats and for god sake its a 5 door...

Comment

ill second that i prefer audi watsit s3 or a3 sport, little hatch back
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Is it really THAT good?

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
          Is it really THAT good?
          Well 307 bhp for £600 extra :?
          http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/V...IEdition30.pdf
          sigpic

Comment

Plus the 2?k starting price - no thanks.... Its all about LOOKS!

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
              Plus the 2?k starting price - no thanks.... Its all about LOOKS!
              No disagreement there, the astra looks better and still works out at better value even with stage 3 money added,
              BUT for someone who wants a GOLF full stop anyway, its a performance bargain to see that kind of power gain for such little money.
              It was also quite impressive that the car had just over a 1000 miles on the clock. Speaks volumes for the standard engine I think.
              sigpic

Comment

I must say I prefer the dash on the golf to the vxr. Maybe it’s because I don’t have sat nav or colour display. The golf just looks more high tech. But what you loose in one category you gain in the other (the seats)
                sigpic

Comment

The trim is also a retro touch - Mk1 golfs had the same.

I still can't get on with that shape golf, and for £27k I'd be wandering to the Audi dealer for an S3.

Comment

Those are impressive numbers for sure. Doubt if we'd ever see anything like that stateside, though. For some reason, VW doesn't like to send it's go-fast cars over here. Would be good competition for the new Mitsubishi EVO X, and the Subaru WRX STI-both of which are all-wheel drive and around 300 horsepower.

Comment

i like it looks nice inside and the trim reminds me of some car from years ago but just cant think what and it has 5 doors which are a must when you got a baby seat which is a mare in the vixer but £27 k nawww stick with the vxr and spend the money on that and then cane it all over the road
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

POWER POWER POWER

BUT

BORING BORING BORING.....

Even i couldnt polish that!!!!
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Yep like that alot.
                          If i was going to get a Golf though it'd have to be the R32

Comment

It is nice, i must admit, i have always had a soft spot for VW, i used to have a mk3 Golf GTI and that was a nice car.

I hope you not turning tho Shane :?
                            sigpic
                            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Prefer the previous shape GTI (55 plate) with the 18" alloys.

Dont see what the big deal is with this motor and the Bluefin - I delivery regularly to VW Racing here in MK and they told me they can take a standard 200BHP GTI do a quick remap, add a zorst and get a respectable 290BHP and all for well under £1k - not bad for a car with 30 BHP less that this Special Edition.

Comment

Working...
                              X