This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some tw*t has scratched my car!!!

washed my car yesterday and found a scratch about 18inches long on the quarter. managed to polish most of it out but theres about an 1 inch thats gone through the paint.

dont think its been done with a key cos the paint on vauxs is **** and it would've been done properly, more like some **** rubbing against it.

i wouldnt care but the only place i ever leave it is at work , at the gym and on my drive. but my drive is big and has gates so it aint happened on there. and when ever i go to work or the gym i park right out of the way and across 2 spaces.

my mates gonne try and touch it in and polish it out, he said failing that he'll take into work and paint the quarter (for free)

but im so ****** off. all the cars ive ever owned and no one has gone near them, then a ibuy a new car and it gets ****ing scratched.
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

gutted for ya andy i know what it's like , on my old 03 astra some **** decided to put a key mark straight down the side of the car and i had to get the side resprayed , 2 months later some w*****r did it again but not as bad good job the vxr stays in the garage most of the time
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

w4nkers!!!!
      sorry to hear that mate.
      i`ve had cars damaged in the past and have always made a point of never touching somebodys car(no matter how much grief they may have caused me ).
      hope it can be touched up!

Comment

Sorry to hear this Andy, a chap with a Zafita VXR that I went to card on Friday showed me a massive great key mark down his entire side wing. It seems we are at the most risk of being keyed, but, it is possible to understand why - green eyed monster.

Andy, without wishing to sound critical, do you think that by parking across 2 bays you have perhaps annoyed someone who has decided to retaliate and key it?

Just a thought - looks like we VXR owners need to be extra careful with this...

Comment

Gutted, sorry to hear this Andy

Comment

I am sorry for this. I have never seen such a long scratch on mine, the only thing I noticed few days ago was a 2 little marks on the opening handle on the passenger side, which I've painted now.

I am getting a little paranoid reading all of this in here so that I am constantly looking out on my car. If I hear a bang or something outside, I rush to the window to check if it's the car being hit or something. :?
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear Andy. I previously had an rx8 that got keyed. And within a week my mate who also had an rx8 had his keyed.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car, I have also had a bad week. Some **** hit my rear n/s wheel arch in a car park and drove off without stopping. Spineless [email protected]
                Waiting for Dent Devil to come and look at it, as a local bodyshop quoted £400

Comment

I always park across 2 spaces normally well out of way!

Or if there's 2 of us take 3 spaces between 2.

Its alright sqeeeeezing into a normal space, but if something happens, i.e. a dint in the door, the damage is done! Not alot you can do about it after! Only wish you had parked in 2.

Comment

Feel for you mate. My VXR was keyed on both sides and the bonnet. Had it resprayed on the insurance and then it was keyed again (not as bad) 2 weeks later!

Keep the faith! Must be our name...

Andy H

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                      Sorry to hear this Andy, a chap with a Zafita VXR that I went to card on Friday showed me a massive great key mark down his entire side wing. It seems we are at the most risk of being keyed, but, it is possible to understand why - green eyed monster.

Andy, without wishing to sound critical, do you think that by parking across 2 bays you have perhaps annoyed someone who has decided to retaliate and key it?

Just a thought - looks like we VXR owners need to be extra careful with this...
                      i never park across 2 spaces if i think the car park may be getting full.

even if there is like 100 spaces i park as far away as poss so not to upset anyone.

it looks like its been done out side the gym maybe with a bag or somthing. dont think its been done on purpose. my pal has had alook at it and he said if someone went near it with a key it would be alot worse.

hes gonna try and build the scratch up with paint and machine polish it. hes pretty **** hot so i have all faith he'll come through.
                      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Gutted for ya mate!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X