This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 1 & Precat - Warranty and servicing

Well i've decided that i'm deffo gonna go for stage 1 with a precat pipe, however i'm worried about warranty issues, Thorney say that if they mess with the car the the warranty is still ok, and courtenay have said the same.

Is this the case or will i have issues if something goes wrong with the car? Will my local dealer blame everything on the remap/precat?

Another question is about servicing, I want to get my car serviced by the tuner when it goes in for the map, Thorney can stamp the book and it keeps the warranty and courtenay say the same is this the case?

Just wanna be sure before i book anything.

Any comments appreciated.

Ta

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Re: Stage 1 & Precat - Warranty and servicing

Originally posted by Daz5182
    Well i've decided that i'm deffo gonna go for stage 1 with a precat pipe, however i'm worried about warranty issues, Thorney say that if they mess with the car the the warranty is still ok, and courtenay have said the same.

Is this the case or will i have issues if something goes wrong with the car? Will my local dealer blame everything on the remap/precat?

Another question is about servicing, I want to get my car serviced by the tuner when it goes in for the map, Thorney can stamp the book and it keeps the warranty and courtenay say the same is this the case?

Just wanna be sure before i book anything.

Any comments appreciated.

Ta

Daz
    if there is a fault that is caused by the remap,then the tuner will cover it under there own warrenty.if your engine goes bang and it is caused by say a remap vaux wont cover it !!!!!!!!!!the front pipe is vaux approved so no issues there

Comment

what even if it is a courtenay pipe and not miltek?
      Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
        what even if it is a courtenay pipe and not miltek?
        no only if it is the milltek.

Comment

Hi Daz.

TBH, from a customer point of view the warrenty side of things is untested yet as no-one has had any problems. Unless something fails as a direct result of the remap the warranty still applies. You don't loose the warranty for the whole car! I myself have done 22k with a stage 1 and no problems so far. All tuners back there work so if you were to have any problem where the dealer won't look at it, they are your next point of call. All of the tuners go out of their way to keep the customer satisified so you shouldn't have any worries.

On the servicing and warranty side of things I'm not sure. TMS can certainly do it as they are an authorised dealer. I *think* VPC can also but give them a call to check. (Maybe Dougie or Stu can confirm either way?) I've no idea about Courtenay though. Having said that though, I think the warranty is ONLY affected if you don't use geninue Vauxhall parts so you can go whereever you like for servicing.

Hope that helps.

Comment

so the remus zorst isnt vx approveed ??????? i thought it was
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

yeah i think it is mate, just talking about the courtenay pipe i think

Comment

Working...
              X