This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer not working

K, have a problem which keeps happening, the range, average speed thing (where you scroll through) on both the steering wheel and also button on radio stops working, all radio functions are fine.

It sometimes stops in one direction only so you can only scroll up or down not up and down... or .... it stops completely so that I cannot scroll through, it resets itself when the car is switched off.

had a problem once when the wheel or the centre knob for the stereo just wouldnt work but that was a few months back and it just reset itself and is fine now but i think the 7lb club hammer helped
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

its been on and off for bout 6 weeks now, was hoping it was just a one off

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
        its been on and off for bout 6 weeks now, was hoping it was just a one off
        Similar thing happened on mine, it wouldnt scroll when the lights were switchedon :? , took it to vaux, the scroll switch was faulty so they changed it under warranty, all fine now. Get it into vauxhall

Comment

Ah ha!! I used to have this problem, it drives you up the wall, I took it in to the dealers a few times then every time it was ok when they had it.

Eventually they found the problem. The CIM unit needs replacing.

Happy to help

Daz
          Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

due for its service soon so will get them to treat her then

Comment

tell them what it is otherwise they'll call your bluff and make out it's fine.
              Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

will do and thanks... lets hope on the way down there it happens i wont turn the engine off and get them to come out and see it for themselves

Comment

Working...
                X