This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing - Questions

When you get the car serviced if you have it done by a vauxhall garage you obviously get it stamped and you keep your warranty, what is the deal if you get it done by one of the tuners? I know throney are vauxhall approved but what about the others?

The last thing i want to do is loose my warranty but i'd rather have one of the tuners do it than let my local garage loose on it.

Thanks

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Anyone can service your car without you losing your warranty. You'll only lose the warranty if non GM parts are used.

Comment

As long as they use vauxhall parts you are still covered you will not get year 2 & 3 aa cover thats all.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

My car is booked in for its first sevice on the 19th May, the price I was told was £115. Not bad I thought.

Comment

that ain't bad at all mate, i'll ask mine when i book it in next week.
          Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter
            My car is booked in foe its first sevice on the 19th May, the price I was told was £115. Not bad I thought.
            That's good mate, paid £130 for mine, and that was apparently with a discount cos I didn't need oil or filter changed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
              My car is booked in foe its first sevice on the 19th May, the price I was told was £115. Not bad I thought.
              That's good mate, paid £130 for mine, and that was apparently with a discount cos I didn't need oil or filter changed.
              Surely thats the single most important part of a service

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                Welcome to Vauxhall Belmont how may we rip you off today

They initially said £170

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                  Welcome to Vauxhall Belmont how may we rip you off today

They initially said £170
                  Thats shocking

Comment

Tell me about it - however I'm working on the relationship (no jokes, oh well go on then if you must :wink: )

Comment

I had my first service done with the main dealer and they decided that an error code on the ecu wasnt part of the warranty and so charged a further 40 quid for merely reading error code using tech 2 and promptly said not their problem "take it to ur tuner"
                      JT at TMS sorted the error and it was i recall something like an earthing fault on the turbo which the dealer was eligilible for and well capable of sorting. they just took the "aint down to us its, ur tuners problem.
                      TMS sorted the error and then for my peace of mind did a check on the service and found numerous parts just hadnt been done... so TMS did a full service, diagnosed the error and corrected it and john even offered to give me the 40 quid out of his pocket cus the main dealer was supposed to do the tech 2 check and repair for nothing as it was a warranty issue. All this and TMS charged me not a penny. That vauxhall approval TMS have was hard won and IMHO I was in the safest hands... just sometimes it just isnt about the money its about you the customer feeling comfortable with who ur dealing with. JT's rightly proud of his firm and his team. Great bloke 100%

Comment

Originally posted by troger.
                        I had my first service done with the main dealer and they decided that an error code on the ecu wasnt part of the warranty and so charged a further 40 quid for merely reading error code using tech 2 and promptly said not their problem "take it to ur tuner"
                        JT at TMS sorted the error and it was i recall something like an earthing fault on the turbo which the dealer was eligilible for and well capable of sorting. they just took the "aint down to us its, ur tuners problem.
                        TMS sorted the error and then for my peace of mind did a check on the service and found numerous parts just hadnt been done... so TMS did a full service, diagnosed the error and corrected it and john even offered to give me the 40 quid out of his pocket cus the main dealer was supposed to do the tech 2 check and repair for nothing as it was a warranty issue. All this and TMS charged me not a penny. That vauxhall approval TMS have was hard won and IMHO I was in the safest hands... just sometimes it just isnt about the money its about you the customer feeling comfortable with who ur dealing with. JT's rightly proud of his firm and his team. Great bloke 100%
                        That's pretty poor!

You should go back to your dealer and tell them that you did go back to your tuner and that they actually serviced the car properly and actually provided customer service! That'll keep 'em quiet!!!

Comment

I think its a learning experience that gave me a short sharp jolt.
                          I think John just wanted me happy. and i just went away humbled by the honesty of the man.
                          i am still well ****** that the dealer had what i saw as TMS money.
                          but how John handled the vxl politics and the customer service is very indearing.
                          I trust these people and i thank god that they are there.
                          and i aint saying that the other tuners dont have the same standards cus i know they are all the comparable... we are lucky

Comment

Originally posted by troger.
                            I think its a learning experience that gave me a short sharp jolt.
                            I think John just wanted me happy. and i just went away humbled by the honesty of the man.
                            i am still well **expletive deleted by Admin** that the dealer had what i saw as TMS money.
                            but how John handled the vxl politics and the customer service is very indearing.
                            I trust these people and i thank god that they are there.
                            and i aint saying that the other tuners dont have the same standards cus i know they are all the comparable... we are lucky
                            Yeah I know what you mean. It's a pity more companies weren't more like them really. Having said that my dealer is pretty good. Just varies I guess!

Comment

sorry i did go back to the dealer and was told they'd call TMS and might even learn summat.
                              guess what ?
                              They never called John,
                              even though John called them at the beginning for me and discussed the error problem, the charge etc.
                              Hence John was getting to the point of sod it i'll give back the 40 quid. Politics and more politics
                              Put this saga in the filing cabinet for future reference i would hope
                              I keep telling John he wont get rich being a nice guy but all i get is the cheeky smile and the sod off Stim

Comment

Working...
                              X