This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARB Fitted

As I've had a few questions here are my thoughts of the RARB and pics of it fitted to my car.

Since it was fitted have really got confidence in the back end as you have total feel through the corners and actually know what it's doing. Highly recommend it (unless you have coilovers), as it improves turn in, grip and confidence in handling, without detracting from ride comfort .

And yes my driveway is badly sunken (bunch of cowboys) but it'll get replaced someday

I've gotta say it doesn't look like much. If it does the trick though... :wink:

Comment

lol so eibach make that then, can it be fitted oneself? looks nice but at 350 i may have to get a 2nd hand one
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Then you can sell it to me

Comment

lol no it dont does it just a bar lol still cant see 350 in it more like 100

Comment

Yes i belive it is just a bar. I would think it would have to be very strong though, and made of quite high quality materials. Hense the price.

Comment

i expect it is but serious i thought my aluminium solid bar strut brace was a lot at 140 but 350 ur joking

Comment

Im all for mods but somethings are way overpriced for the benefits you are going to get on a road car!!!
                I know we havent seen eye to eye Alex and I know its your money to spend as you see fit and this is no means a dig at you, i would say it to whoever.
                Fitting that bar on a everyday road going car just seems a waste of money, even for minor track use would be hard to justify fitting one.
                If your into serious track days or racing and are trying to squeeze every inch of handling out of it, it maybe a very slight benefit. Ive learnt after a lot of expense from past experience the actual improvements these additons make and it just doesnt warrant putting it on a road car.
                Ive tried my car on track and various B roads which are probably worse! and i just cannot see where this bar would add to the current set up.

Each to their own though :wink:

Comment

i did think that but i cant say as i dont have one and even if i had the money id prob get one so well done alex im just jealous lol. anyway speaking on the sensible topic, i feel anything more than a s3 will also be a waste, im actually well happy with just zorst and map it goes damn quick and i dunno if id notice much more with a new intercooler really

Comment

mate im suprised you aint asking if it comes in blue to match your samco hoses and if it does come in blue whats the colour code and then can it be chromed before putting it on ebay

only playing with ya mate but being totally honest at the same time

Comment

Mart I understand and appreciate your comments and as you say each to their own. Alot of it probably comes down to personal experience with cars and personal confidence with the handling.

Before it was fitted I was always unsure of the backend as there really wasn't much feel from it. Since the RARB was fitted I am now aware of what the backend is doing, and that's just normal driving :wink: Even my wife has commented on the increase in feel, and she certainly doesn't drive it like me (infact you can ask Turbo as well as he's had a shot in the car since it was fitted so he'll give you an independant view).

As I say I think it does come down to personal confidence in the car, and having had a few scares in the past I decided that it was worth fitting. Since it was fitted I am completely happy with the product and the price - yes it does seem pricey but given the benefits I've felt I think it's worth it - but that is my opinion and understand that other, more confident people, may not see the worth :wink:

Comment

Fair comment Alex, as long as your happy thats the whole point in mods.
                        I just struggle to get the car to do much on the back end unless you really try to induce oversteer and that takes a bit of doing unless you really throw it hard into corners/roundabouts.

Like i said though there is no right and wrong between personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                          I just struggle to get the car to do much on the back end unless you really try to induce oversteer and that takes a bit of doing unless you really throw it hard into corners/roundabouts.

No worries Mart, although inducing understeer is alot easier

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc

You should try it with oil/diesel on the road!! It's happened to me twice now!

I know two people with the RARB and they both say it's a big improvement on handling. I'm pretty tempted to get one too...eventually!

Comment

will the rarb not work with coilovers then? which is better springs arnd rarb or just coilovers, or are they about the same

Comment

Working...
                              X