X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping it clean

what is the best stuff to do the following

a) wipe the leather seats, mindful that they are a matt leather and not a shiny one(I got some leather wipes and they left a shiny coating on the seats I was well gutted, took ages to get it off)

b) Is autoglym the best stuff to polish a black VXR with?

advice appreciated

Steve

Don;t for get to treat the leather on the seats otherwise it will crack and fade int he long run.

Comment

whats the best stuff to treat it with mate?

Comment

I'm not sure too be honest. I just use some old stuff with the label peeling off that my dad uses.

There is person on here, Mark i think who may be able to help. His avatar is a man wiping a car.

Comment

cheers mate

Comment

Here's Mark:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...profile&u=1201

Comment

Re: keeping it clean

Originally posted by stevej
              what is the best stuff to do the following

a) wipe the leather seats, mindful that they are a matt leather and not a shiny one(I got some leather wipes and they left a shiny coating on the seats I was well gutted, took ages to get it off)

b) Is autoglym the best stuff to polish a black VXR with?

advice appreciated

Steve
              Hi Stevej, I use Autoglym Ultra deep shine followed by thier extra gloss protection to seal the polish. I also have the best colour (black of course)

hope this helps

ps their leather cream is also very good & leaves it as original

Comment

Re: keeping it clean

Originally posted by Flinty
                I also have the best colour (black of course)
                Lets not start this again...... :wink:

Comment

Comment

On a black car i used swissol(now swissvax) pre-wax cleansing fluid followed by concorso wax(best of show) and for the leather have a look at www.liquidleather.co.uk I use their cleanser followed by the cream and it keeps the leather in good condition and matt finish and the car smells like new again

ps baby wipes is also quite good provided it is not the lotion wipes

Comment

i use autoglym super resin on black easy to apply easier to wipe off and a great shine to boot and my mate works there so get it for peanuts
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

DADA and mr ben arrives....

Leather seats,,,,hmmmm...

In my honest opinion and i wont say zymol treat as its what i use but expensive...i would say gliptone as it has rave reviews on the aston and porsche forums for treating seats....

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...roductID=10125

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...roductID=10124

These are both ph balanced which is important for leather BUT whether the instructions say or not it is really important that you warm the leather slightly to open the pores and allow the product in........

Well saying that i have had some vauxhall leather tested and am a touch unsure about the nature of it and whether it actually has a fine sealed surface?

But my seats come up great with treat.....Use sparingly!!!!

Wax , sealents.....????

I think i,ll let everyone else answer that....
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

saw petra chech today marc and he gave me the thumbs up he was driving a audi q7 and was at the side of me , when i started singing manchester tral lal la he just nodded his head and drove off anyway back to topic
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Have to say using Zymol Treat on my seats (even before retrim) it works really well. Not only does it help soften and maintain the suppleness of the leather, having had the red retrim it's actually helped to deepen the red colour - ask aussie as he's tested it too :wink:

As Marc says it ain't cheap for Zymol treat, but I'm not going to use anything else on my seats. To save the hairdryer option either leave the car in direct sunlight for a couple of ours, or sweat it out on a 5 mile drive with the heaters on full :wink:

Comment

I am a big fan of Zymol, always used it (well since about 4 years ago) and always will. However the leather treat is not so special. I can also remember an article in some car mag that rated armour all the best leather treatment.
                              But i use the leather treat i got with leather sofa from Defective Furniture Store. It comes up great, not shiny, keeps the mat effect and is soft as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X