This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milltek 100 cell cat?

am i rite in saying there is a milltek 100 cell cat available, is it possible to swap my 200 cell one for a 100 cell one just like that or will it not fit into the system
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

No, not yet. THe 100 cell version isn't released yet and my never be, the Astra is quite susceptable to O2 readings and the 100 cell maybe a bit too far.

Comment

yeah that did cross my mind but i think a few people have had a 100 cell cat fitted, would it make much diff anyways between the 2

Comment

i wish i knew the difference between a 100 and a 200 but im sorry i aint got a clue so who's gonna tell me ?????
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

The 100 cell cat has 100 less cells than the 200 cell cat

Always one aint there

I have no idea i know that the 100 cell cat is smaller due to it having less 'STUFF' in it

Comment

The cells are measured in cpi which is cells per square inch. So a 100 cpi cat has 100 cels per square inch inside and a 200 cpi has 200 cells per square inch inside. In otherwords the inner filter (the cat) is a tighter nit in the 200 cell cat than in the 100 cell cat! Hope that helps! :P

Comment

i still aint got a clue , the last time i messed around with a exhaust was back in the early 90's there wasnt all this cat thing around thenn and you could chop and weld zorsts up without fear :?
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

As Zoomboy said it's to do with cpi ( or basically density). The big advantage of a lower cpi cat is the reduction in flow restriction. The lower the cpi and less restriction the cat causes - therefore better flowing system, more power :wink: Leymans terms

Comment

so the best would be a de cat but obviously its illegal

Comment

Indeed the ultimate is no cat - but as said it's illegal now so wouldn' t recommend, anyhow with the increase in flow you'd probably break any cat you had anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X