This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASTRA VXR ALARM

Is the VXR's alarm cat1 or cat2 standard?

should be cat 1. Provided things havent changed in the last few years Cat 1 is alarm/ommobilisers and Cat 2 just immobiliser devices, cat 3 is physical locks (steering wheel lock etc).

Comment

Excellent?

Comment

I dont think it will be cat 1 as it has to 'self arm' to fall into that catergory. All Clifford, Toad, meta etc self arm as cat 1 systems, a failsafe incase you forget to set the alarm manually, although Vauxhall do do an upgrade to cat 1 to standard alarms.

Ade

Comment

definately, cat1 on VXR zaffy, try leaving the kids in the car & paying for fuel etc! have to disarm everytime

Comment

its cat 1 however insurance already take this into account as it is standard on the VXR... or so i was told when i was getting quotes

Comment

Originally posted by ade_vxr
              I dont think it will be cat 1 as it has to 'self arm' to fall into that catergory. All Clifford, Toad, meta etc self arm as cat 1 systems, a failsafe incase you forget to set the alarm manually, although Vauxhall do do an upgrade to cat 1 to standard alarms.

Ade
              I think it will self arm, if you unlock my leon (that has a cat1 from factory) but dont open the door within 30 secs it will lock & alarm again, if you open the door it wont lock itself - the idea being you cant lock yourself out but still self arms - Assume the astra does the same ?

Comment

Yep auto arming, you have to disable by pressing the middle button on the roof controls before locking car to enable the 'occupant' setting which leaves the alarm off (i.e. for when a dog or child is in the ca) as long as the car is locked within 5 minutes of button depress

Comment

Working...
                X