• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precat

Hello

Is this easy to fit?

would i be able to do it on a jack?

Thank you

i looked at doin mine but looks very tight in there, but im sure it looks easy if you have some mechanical knowledge
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

It is easy. I fitted the cat back on the drive but its tricky getting to the precat. luckily my bro is a mechanic and put it on the ramps where he works to fit.

Comment

IMO it's a complete ******* to fit if you don't have a ramp.

I did mine on the drive using axle stands (please don't just rely on a jack) and whilst it was straight forward in principle, actually fitting it was difficult due to the access.

I found the hardest part was re-fitting the v-band clamp at the turbo end once it was loose enough to allow removal of the pre-cat.

You can do it, no problem. Just be prepared for a job that it appears should take only 20mins taking considerably longer...

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by VXRNUTTER
          IMO it's a complete ******* to fit if you don't have a ramp.

I did mine on the drive using axle stands (please don't just rely on a jack) and whilst it was straight forward in principle, actually fitting it was difficult due to the access.

I found the hardest part was re-fitting the v-band clamp at the turbo end once it was loose enough to allow removal of the pre-cat.

You can do it, no problem. Just be prepared for a job that it appears should take only 20mins taking considerably longer...

Andy
          had a problem with the v band clamp on mine aswell,the threads stripped on taking it off,luckley for me the place that was fitting it had a spare one on the parts shelf

Comment

i'd get it down to a zorst place and let them do it save a lot of hassle and knuckle crunching :?
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Got rid of my pre-cats and cats the first week I had the car. :P Glad I could help with your question.

Comment

Working...
              X