This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know... (delivery times)

I've just ordered my Astra VXR, totally standard. Does anyone know how long it should take? I've been quoted 8-10 weeks, but obviously sooner would be better Anyone got any ideas?

Depends if they have any of that in stock, ready built, might be 2 weeks.

Mines a factory order, and had been estimated at 8 weeks. This is the 6th week now, so not long to wait.

Comment

mine took 12 weeks but that was march last year so was still quite new
      poss shorter time now

Comment

Mine took 4 week, Vaux had already pre ordered one for the showroom which i snapped up, so knock 4 weeks off wait time.

8 weeks sounds right.

Comment

Yep, factory order... So it looks like I'll be waiting 8 weeks then. Still, not too bad. They've said 8-10, so I'm hoping the 8 weeks is right! As long as it's not longer!!!! (Which by your replies sounds like not)

Comment

They are fairly accurate now, unlike those that got the first and waited in excess of 6 months , mine was around 10 weeks but got quite a few optional extras so I think 8-10 is fair enough :wink:

Oh and good choice and welcome to the band

Comment

Originally posted by Pulse
              Yep, factory order... So it looks like I'll be waiting 8 weeks then. Still, not too bad. They've said 8-10, so I'm hoping the 8 weeks is right! As long as it's not longer!!!! (Which by your replies sounds like not)
              Don't worry about it pal, the time will fly by! Plus you can get saving for the rocket fuel she drinks - and boy, does she drink it!! They were good with the estimate when mine was on the way.

Comment

I've just had an email from them, and they've now said 6th of July, which is at the 10 week mark, but never mind... I'm still getting the car I want

Comment

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago today and was told it was a 4 week delivery. Checked in on Friday and it's still not built! From what you guys say it looks like it's gonna be another 4 weeks yet.
                  Unfortunately I'm supposed to wait another 3 months after it's delivered to the showroom but I'm gonna keep bugging them to let me have it ASAP.

Comment

Fingers crossed they've just cleared a backlog then, 'cause my deposit went down on Wednesday, and was told a 6 week wait - mid june delivery.

Does seem strange though, cause mine has a few extras so would expect it to take longer :?

Comment

I was told 14th May on my order form, which is their 8 week limit (they said).

Rang them the other day, they dont have any information on it. Event 33, which means its either being built, been built, or on its way over. As its due in like 9 days, id have expected them to give me a date so i can sort my insurance, and book the time off work to go and pick it up :S

Comment

Yeah , i was told that they won't know when it will be ariving until it turns up at the dealers :? . Sounds a bit poorly managed to me

Comment

I had a nice surprise when I popped in to my dealership on Friday...."Oh by the way your cars arrived".
                          Almost 4 weeks to the day from when I ordered it.

Just got to wait up to 3 months before I can pick it up now (ex-demo :wink: ).

Gonna be tough

Comment

Originally posted by Peel
                            I had a nice surprise when I popped in to my dealership on Friday...."Oh by the way your cars arrived".
                            Almost 4 weeks to the day from when I ordered it.

Just got to wait up to 3 months before I can pick it up now (ex-demo :wink: ).

Gonna be tough
                            I dont understand?

How can you order a new car, wait 4 to 8 weeks, then when it arrives its not yours?

You have to wait 3 more months untill every man and his dog has had a blast around in it, then you get it.....eh

How much do you get off list for that?

Comment

The local dealer gets a discount if he buys the car as a demonstrator (which is then passed on to the customer) but the catch is they have to keep it for 3 months. I only heard about this as a guy I work with did the same.
                              They've got a lockup about 5 mins from the showroom where they keep all their newly delivered cars which is where mine is now and where it stays for the 3 month period. The car only goes to the showroom when I go to collect it and is never actually used as a demonstrator for the public to use.
                              It's a family run dealership and a tax free company which I think allows them to sell any make of vehicle they want. I could of had a Focus ST with a 25% discount. Most of the staff their actually run round in Audi's as they get them cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X