This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal Unleaded?

Does anyone run their VXR on normal unleaded, or do you all use super or similar?

Normal is fine however Vauxhall Fleet services have advised that you should use a high octane fuel say once every 3 fill ups. or just use it all the time :wink:

Comment

It's recommended that you use higher octane fuel. Your ecu effectively 'learns' each fuel you put in, so you'd need a few tanks of high octane before you notice any difference. (I assume so anyway, I've never put in anything other than V-Power (99 RON)

The guys at my dealership, and others have advised to stay away from std unleaded, especially if modded.

Comment

If you have any engine work done e.g. stages. its probably best to use higher octane fuel to get the benifits of the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by MadJon
          If you have any engine work done e.g. stages. its probably best to use higher octane fuel to get the benifits of the upgrade.
          It is also a good idea to put a few tanks of higher octane prior to installing the stage 1

Comment

Normal for you guys is mid-grade, almost super for us. In the U.S., normal is 87octane, mid is 89octane, and super is 94octane. 'Race gas' (103octane) is available at some stations, but it's too pricey @ $3.99 a gallon.

Comment

Too pricey at $3.99 - god we'd kill for that

Comment

Race fuel here (102 Octane) costs around $5 per litre, so it's around $20 for a gallon

Comment

People are starting to riot in the streets. The projected price per gallon is supposed to be $4.00 this year, a new U.S. record. I've actually seen a few marches in front of some Shell, BP, and Exxon stations, protesting the high prices. There was a big one about a month ago in front of a BP in downtown Atlanta-2,000 people, whining about $2.89 a gallon, 30 arrested for throwing rocks at the pumps.

Comment

The way i see this is.......

why buy a performance hatch and put 95ron in......crazy

Buy the highest octane you can get....always

Comment

and i still bloody use the stuff lol!

Comment

Yeah my friend has already told me to get some V-Power and keep away from others.

Comment

T99 is the best IMHO, tried all the top ones and tesco works the best

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                            T99 is the best IMHO, tried all the top ones and tesco works the best
                            Can't get it round here........bummer, i'll stick with V-power for now.

Comment

And using T99 or V-Power, do you notice it or does it just look after the car. The car only has 6500 miles on the clock and i will start using one of them as soon as i get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X