This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Device

new boy here.........please excuse my origional message for not been specific........i just wana know if any body knows any companys who offer this.

cheers.

Welcome, I have but do not wish to disclose details for obvious reasons- sorry

Comment

I have, not gunna tell you were though hahahahaha

Comment

This company is very good.

http://www.tracker.co.uk/home.php

Comment

the question is , do you want it back if it gets nicked ? :?
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

[quote="worsy"]the question is , do you want it back if it gets nicked ? :?[/quote

good point worsy,i`d never want it back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
              the question is , do you want it back if it gets nicked ? :?
              probably not! but just like the idea that if were nicked, then theres a good chance that the toe rag who done it will get nicked! :wink:

Comment

IMHO - if someone is going to take your car they will, i think the people who target our types of cars are more than the local lads looking for an easy ride on a friday nite so regardless of what you have done they will still take it.

Comment

All the more reason to get these scum!

Comment

very true

Comment

When cars of this calibre are nicked they are parked up and left for around a day to "see if it is tracked". What happens is the Tracker is activated and the car is usually found by old bill. At this stage, the car will usually be untouched, although nobody can vouch for how it has been driven. Around 80 % of cars that have been recovered from trackers are all parked up in situe.

The likliehood of a trashed VXR being found is unlikely, either it will be found in its resting place (where the thief has left it so the old bill find it on the side of the street and not near their "workshop") or failing that the car would have to be spotted "on the move". In the extremely rare circumstance that it is spotted "on the move" the sort of person nicking these cars won't be stopping. They are likely to be career criminals and an arrest would ruin them (its their livelihood and an arrest will then mean searches of houses / garages e.t.c.) Also they would most likely have previous experience of running from the cops. The outcome if this were to happen is anyone's guess.

Comment

thanks for the professional opinion... helps keep matters clearer when coming from someone in the know

Comment

These are very hard to nick Mel, even corsa's have a great record of being hard to steal. The fact there are no visible door locks and a gret immobiliser help. I have keyless entry and button start, and I often wonder "how on earth / where on earth would you even begin".

That said, nothing is impossibe. However with our exlusivity we should be in the majority of safer cars, as there will be so few to practice on. I couldnt tell you how many astra VXRs have been nicked as there is no way to find out, but, from experience I would hazard a guess we are talking on the fingers of one hand, if that. Later on in life maybe more of an issue though, when security systems are better known, have been worked out, and the cars become dated - but thats along way off yet.

Comment

I know of a few people in london who have just had their cars lifted onto a transporter and that's the last they have seen of them. All of them have been high value cars with prestige name tags.

Comment

If these are going to get nicked there gonna come through the front door for the key IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X