X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on lookout for astra vxr , any tips on things to avoid

hi chaps!

im new here and i will be looking out for a second hand vxr in the coming months. any things anyone can think of i should be looking for in terms of things that break or anything mechical i should look out for or rattles etc?

any help would be appreciated.

and its gonna be silver im afraid!!

ps i used to own the original silver courtenay development mk2 16v 300bhp!!
    and that was quick. 0-100 12s lovely. ive got a gte16v as a run around at mo. still fun though.

dave

not really, check for tyres as the are around £200 each so could be expensive if they out soon.

Comment

oil seepage from the turbo,apart from that they have been very relilable
      not had a glitch on mine in 13 months,apart from the windows rattle but thats due to them hitting on the mirror support,

Comment

hi dave i'm from stevenage the only thing you need to l;ook out for is the black beast bearing down on you mate
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Silver, ohhhh rare.

Good hunting.

Comment

nice one worsy!!

what have you done to yours so far? im reading all the posts and im not sure what exhaust to go for. im good friends with jon for courtenays after going there time and time again with my mk2 g16v turbo spending many an evening with chris courtenay tuning it up aswell. i will get jon to sort out my new one (when i find one i want)!!
            did you get yours from new and what tyres do you run.

cant wait to get it so i can start the mods

dave

Comment

hi dave got stage 3 intercooler milltek and remap up to 297 bhp and 326 lb/ft had it done by jon last november , still running the standard contis from new , have you not seen me in stevenage ? i live up chells way give us a pm and i'll give you my number and take you out for a spin mate , where are you in stevenage ?
              sigpic
              M.U.F.C.

Comment

Be careful though. A bird tried to **** on him and got me
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                  hi dave got stage 3 intercooler milltek and remap up to 297 bhp and 326 lb/ft had it done by jon last november , still running the standard contis from new , have you not seen me in stevenage ? i live up chells way give us a pm and i'll give you my number and take you out for a spin mate , where are you in stevenage ?
                  have a change of underwear... i've seen his driving

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                    Originally posted by worsy
                    have a change of underwear... i've seen his driving
                    ha ha ha no you aint cos you cant catch me , 21 years now and no accidents \/ touch wood :?
                    sigpic
                    M.U.F.C.

Comment

Working...
                    X