Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TMS S2, KW springs, Service and Braided hoses!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMS S2, KW springs, Service and Braided hoses!

Going to visit TMS tomorrow to finally get some mods done to my car. Had the full miltek for almost a year but i had been unsure as to how far (read how much ££££!) to spend on my car.
    Well it is due its first service so i thought i would get everything done at once so im going with the stage 2, getting it lowered (KW springs) as well as getting goodridge braided hoses fitted (no point increasing the speed if you dont at least look at the brakes??) so was told that standard was more than upto the job but will now be a little sharper with the hoses. :P
    and the best news is that Admiral (my insurance) only wanted an extra £35!!! so cant say fairer than that.
    Cant wait!!

Will keep you posted with my thoughts on the mods!!
    STEALTH

how old are you mate
    Last edited by shadbor; 30 September 2007, 12:23 AM.

Comment

top man have a good day at TMS and enjoy the drive home.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Im 31, so approaching old age in style! Yes cant wait for the drive home should be good.
        STEALTH

Comment

Originally posted by Dvader
          Im 31, so approaching old age in style! Yes cant wait for the drive home should be good.
          Dvader,
          I was at Thorneys on Monday for stage 1, got a 25bhp increase, not a massive difference on the road but still at little faster .

Let us know what power increase you get for a stage 2, thats what im getting soon, not enough grin on the stage 1.

Comment

I've just had my S2 done and it showed peak power to be just 267bhp. I was dissappointed until I drove it. Stunning difference !!

I think as my car only has 1200 miles on the clock is was probably well under the 237 bhp vauxhall claim.

And so I guess I'll get another 10bhp gradually coming in as the engine loosens up, I hope !!

Comment

Originally posted by kingcobbler
              I've just had my S2 done and it showed peak power to be just 267bhp. I was dissappointed until I drove it. Stunning difference !!

I think as my car only has 1200 miles on the clock is was probably well under the 237 bhp vauxhall claim.

And so I guess I'll get another 10bhp gradually coming in as the engine loosens up, I hope !!
              Who did your S2 kingcobbler?

Comment

get some hard miles on it mate, give the thing some stick, likes it like that
                i didnt feel mine really free up until i hit the 10 grand mark and then my stage 2 was showing 282bhp and 300lb/ft of torque on its last dyno run before i had the stage 3

Comment

My stage 2 was done by Thorney as they were the closest. Not sure about going S3 another £900 not sure its worth it. But S2 even at my little 267bhp is soooo gooood.

Comment

Any news Dvader ?, what did you get on your stage 2 then ?.

Comment

Hello Sorry I took so long to reply (or pm people hope this answers your questions) but having been awake for 24hrs, driving there left 10.30pm day before, arrived there- kit fitted - drove home arrived 11pm i kinda needed a wee sleep.

Well how did i get on?
                      Mixed bag this one. :? more later...
                      I got the car lowered, serviced and stage 2 done however they said that Goodridge hadnt released the hoses kit? (spoke two weeks earlier on phone and was told they were getting more in as they had run out??? strange, however i chose not to argue (was still excited at this point about getting other stuff)

Handling- well this is a good one. I opted just for a change of springs as i do like to floor it from time to time however i always felt there reached a point of little or no feedback and the body of the car rolls alot at this point (my opinion) and with the kw springs fitted? well fantastic is all i can say. car handles alot better (no real change from standard going over bumps etc) plus a drop of roughly 25mm which makes the car look mean and moody but and its an important one it still clears speed bumps no probs (on 18") and i also got all the wheels aligned.

Service - well no problems showed up and car was given the all clear.

stage 2 remap well this is the mixed bag? :? On the dyno before remap my car was 252bhp and 260ftl of torque and after the remap my car was 268.8bhp and 300ftl of torque. (got before and after dyno charts but i had to ask?? more later) not a massive jump but most definately usable. Now i was informed that it was a hot day etc etc power will be less etc (wasnt bothered really only really interested in the torque and how it drove). Now the main thing i noticed was that 1st and 2nd felt less powerful (i know been mentioned before) but its true it is very noticeable (press pedal slight pause then a gradual increase in speed, before you feathered the wheels spinning with your right foot, so kinda less fun,however, that is ofset by a noticeable kick in the pants when you use 3rd or 4th gear (acceleration is noticeably quicker) so that a plus. Overall yes the car is much quicker in gear but starting from rest in my opinion has suffered slightly.

Now the bad stuff..... or what i wasnt impressed with. (again my opinion or i could still be cranky from hardly any sleep but..)
                      Now i may not be able to afford some of the tricker stage 3s, variant 3 full kit suspension etc etc but £1150 is alot of money to me and in my opinion if im spending that kind of cash, plus travelling to the other side of the country i want excellent service? and i want to be kept propery informed on work being carried out and most importantly time management!!!!
                      Now when i arrived i was informed about 1hr30 for suspension 30-50min for service and 2 hours for the remap, fair enough i thought, ( i arrived at 7 so i was there nice and early and i know they dont start work till 9 but i was excited at this point), however, mechanics were late for one thing and on viewing my car being worked on at one point it took 30min to take a wheel off??? the mechanic undid two wheel nuts then preceeded to take another 30min while he finished his can, had a chat a laugh before finally getting back too it, another was a remap that ran for just over 4hrs?? (now during this time i was only told once that it may take a wee bit longer? a proper reason as to why would have been nice).
                      And a major one no ******* sugar in the coffee machine? i mean Cmon! im paying good money here? oh and the tv had no aerial or something? which ment a long boring day doing heehaw.
                      Now at the end of the day (well after 5pm!!!) before you pay your money everything should be completed by this i mean the service book stamped and handed back to you (not hidden), dyno graphs printed and handed to you (not having to request them?), AA 2year extension sheet completed (not told get to it tomorrow).
                      Now dont get me wrong these were minor inconvienences during the day and the work carried out to my knowledge is excellent but it did mar what was supposed to be a great day?? and after being the person (felt like it)always reading reviews of Thorney and how good they were i was expecting the best come my turn, what i got was fell short of that but i hope in the future they look after you just a wee bit better. (Again my opinion no one elses)
                      Over the next 4 days im off and plan to test the new abilities of the car in my own way
                      (private runway honest)
                      and i do plan to let you know my thoughts then after getting to know the car a wee bit better (not in mile after mile of nose to tail traffic [read journey home])

Cheers.
                      STEALTH

Comment

Dvader, good write up,
                        Few things i will mention in relation to your experience, I too felt 2nd gear is now suffering slightly but as you say, the other gears make up for it. I didnt get any RR printouts, but they had ran out of ink (fair enough), but i reckon il keep having to email/phone to remind them to post/email them !

The lads at thorney are a sound bunch, but i noticed they arent the quickest :wink: , however i would like them to take there time rather than rush. You do seem to be left out of the picture slightly when the work is being done, if i could give one crtiticism it would be maybe you could be told a bit more about the re-map, how it works, what your gains are e.t.c, I had to go over to the RR to ask the lads, and I got *******ed off JT for wondering round (insurance issues, fair enough) however they could have come and spoke to me to tell me whats involved e.t.c.

But overall i think they are a great outfit and will definately use them again.

Your bhp gain sounds smalll, but your torque makes up for it!, i gained 27bhp from just a stage 1!, however still not seen the graphs !.

Chris.

Comment

brilliant right up guys, please let me know how you find the changes, it's always interesting to read about other people's modifications and for the comments so potential "modders" can see varied views and comments.

Trust me after 4 days of private runway use you will be wanting more

Comment

i have regals eds remap and gained 35 bhp :?
                            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

just to mix the bag up i had a vxrpc stage 2 and my running figs were 285bhp and 310tlbft.

However we have covered this before diff dynos and days do show diff results... mine didnt touch a dyno for 2 months after the map, I had it done and just felt the changes and the effect. To me figs do make good reading but it is down to how the car feels to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X