This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impreza STi or Astra VXR

Hi guys just joined and already I am asking for advice. I am undecided on whether to buy an Impreza STi or an Astra VXR so I thought the best place to ask is on this forum. I have driven the Impreza which is a great car but have yet to try the VXR. Is there much difference in performance. The speed and handling of the Impreza was phenominal. Thanks for any help

Impreza will handle better, and hold better imo - however the interior is like a childrens playground, and you look like a chav in waiting driving one - albeit a generalisation

Comment

Originally posted by lordnikon
      Impreza will handle better, and hold better imo
      There’s no opinion with that. It's a fact. They tune better, they handle better, and they are generally faster

BUT

They don’t look as good, the interior isn’t worth comparing and I'm finding it very hard / impossible to find a car that looks better than the vxr in the same price range.
      sigpic

Comment

i d go with the vxr astra , looks so must better!!!!!!!!!!
        Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

Take the Scooby mate. I had an Evo VIII MR before the Astra and they're in a different league.

They're in a different league to run too though!

Comment

Theres also the fact that the Impreza is more expensive to run (worse MPG, more expensive servicing, insurance etc).

Comment

if you have got money to throw at fuel / tax / servicing etc then go for the scooby, very nice car IMO, however i would never have one because of the running costs, i think they are more of a toy than a daily driver.
              Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

I came from scoobies to the VXR, i would no way say the sti was in a different league, especially not with a stage 3 vxr, i would say the VXR is quicker than a standard STI, more horses and no transmission loss. Both quick but VXR looks much better, quite firm ride in the STI as well. Will look to chavy and everybody has got one now, which is one of the reasons i came out of it all. VXR much more rare on the roads. Depreciation might be an issue, people said teh VXR would loose loads but so do scoobies, i lost 7k in just over a year on my last one, which is much more than i stand to loose in the VXR if you look at prices at teh minute. Despite what some poeple say plenty can go wrong with the scooby (speaking very bitterly from experience) However the scoob will be much better in the wet and on poor roads, but dont believe the hype with on rails stuff, they do understeer and if the geometry is not set up professionally the back end can step out giving the beans round corners. Interior as people have said is poo.

Comment

I had an 04 impreza WRX STI PPP for nearly 3 years, and i have to say that yes as far as brute grunt and handling are concerned they are in another league.

Although what people on here are saying is true, 15mpg does start to grind after a while, i think they are starting to date a little, and it does seem that as prices fall everybody now has one.

I love Scoobies....but would not have another.

The VXR just looks fresh....and is great fun to drive, the more you drive it, the more you will enjoy it.

Comment

hiya,
                    we had a sti before the vxr and to tell you the truth the sti was the worst money ive ever spent.
                    i only had it about 6 weeks or summit then went for the vxr and have never looked back.
                    defo got for vxr and dont make the same mistake as us.

btw its lisa
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomfraser
                      hiya,
                      we had a sti before the VXR and to tell you the truth the sti was the worst money ive ever spent.
                      i only had it about 6 weeks or summit then went for the VXR and have never looked back.
                      defo got for VXR and dont make the same mistake as us.

btw its lisa
                      What was sooooooooo bad with your STI?

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKEQUEEN
                        hiya,
                        we had a sti before the VXR and to tell you the truth the sti was the worst money ive ever spent.
                        i only had it about 6 weeks or summit then went for the VXR and have never looked back.

btw its lisa
                        got sick of the bouncy ride just much prefer the vxr
                        sigpic

Comment

hiya,

btw its lisa
                          got sick of the bouncy ride just much prefer the VXR
                          surely you test drove it

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                            hiya,

btw its lisa
                            got sick of the bouncy ride just much prefer the VXR
                            surely you test drove it

yea and it seemed like a great fun car.....but like i say you get sick of the bouncy drive and the novelty wears off :?
                            lisa x
                            sigpic

Comment

Drove an STi on Friday - my opinion is that the gap is not as big as is being made out.

Both fab cars - the Sti wins it on handling but - foot down, same experience. Sti feels louder BUT heavier than the VXR which in turn feels rawer and more difficult (traction)- if that makes any sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X