X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awaiting my VXR

Hi guys,
    My name is Sam or SP as some people call me and i have just joined the site.
    I decided to get a new car a little while ago and was thinking about getting the Focus ST. I hadn't even thought about a VXR until my mate at work said have a look. Went for a Test drive and i loved it. I bought a second hand one last weekend on a 06 plate and pick it up on Saturday.

I'm so excited and can't wait, the only extra i think its got is the 19" Wheels which look amazing. Its a big upgrade from my Clio which i have had 2years this month but being only a 1.2 you can imagine it was so slow. I look forward to some nice drives and also picking up some tips on the forum.

What Color?

Comment

welcome, any questions or concerns you have post them up. We're a friendly bunch and hope you find the forum fun.

Comment

Its in Black, something black. Can't remember what it was.

Comment

sapphire black

If you ever want polishing advice ask vxrmarc... I say use megs on it

Comment

I'm also guessing i shouldn't say that i use to clean my Clio with a Sponge, i get the feeling that wouldn't go down well. lol

Comment

I clean mine once a week, with a sponge......job done

I'm not one for fannying around with tooth brushes, but i do enjoy, and appreciate a clean car.

Comment

depends what sponge... i have been known to arc the astra... have been told off for that tho

Comment

lol, is lambswool wash mitts expensive, any ideas?

Comment

£10 for a megs one

Comment

its great to use a soft wool wash mittect.. but the best thing u can do is make sure your not rubbing exisiting dirt into the paint creating swirl marks in the lacquer.
                      would be good to invest in a nice pressure washer to get most of the dirt and crap off the car first, then use a 2 bucket method or a bucket with a grit gaurd

Comment

oh ok, we have a pressure washer. So i should lightly get the worst of the dirt off the car. Then use a lambswool wash mitts or something like that to clean the car.
                        Do you bother to dry the car using a Shammy (think thats wot its called) or just let it dry itself?

Comment

Originally posted by S_P
                          I'm also guessing i shouldn't say that i use to clean my Clio with a Sponge, i get the feeling that wouldn't go down well. lol

Be careful you don't want to upset Marc or Robbie.
                          sigpic
                          More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                          Click Here to.................
                          See My Wheels
                          See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Sorry I forgot to say
                            Welcome!!
                            sigpic
                            More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                            Click Here to.................
                            See My Wheels
                            See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome.

My mate at Work has a Type R, old style. He reckons he would beat me. I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X