X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megane 230

Quote from a guy, who remains nameless, on a forum that remains nameless:

The ride in the meg is fine, bit hard at times but she sits on 18's so what do you expect, traction is fine, powerdelivery is lovely, get down to a dealer and ask for a test drive, it wont disappoint. The Meg is fast in its class too, beats the VXR, Civic Type R, Focus ST etc etc, the R26 is popular at the moment with 230nhp and an LSD, have a nose around on the forum @ www.meganesport.net, ask there and you will get loads of feedback, see if anyone lives nearby who will demo for ya !!!

nice that it has an LSD i wonder how tuneable its 2L turbo engine is?

Comment

I dont feel having driven both that like for like the Meg beats the VXR,

May be wrong though...

Comment

you have a , on the end of net

.net,

http://www.meganesport.net/

Comment

Cut and Pasted -

So not my doing

And I dont condone trolling...

;-) ;-)

Comment

from what i have heard they are quick and they handle really well, it's a pity that they look like they do and they are getting a bit old.
            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

I had a 225 Renault Sport for about 3months, i took it in Px for my M3, and traded it for the VXR. Handles well, however it spent more time at the dealer than in my garage !

Rattles like *****, electrics are ropey, build quality is junk

Goes well, handles much better than the VXR imo, thats minus the LSD too ! It feels lighter and more agile than the VXR, but to tune it is a pain in the bum. The blower is good for about 280bhp, thats about it. You need a IC/Exhaust/Chip and induction mods to get it, and your options are limited on tuning companies. Its a nice car, but i would have a VXR or an ST over it any day of the week

Comment

But for me - the acceleration is not as savage.

Think of a good launch through the gears - and Top Gear showed this - it is not as QUICK... it may be better handling but IMO driving the VXR well will ruin the 225 / 230...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xDZonrA2Dw

Does it torque steer? No, because there is not as much power, so, learning to use the VXR at it's optimum would surely put it in a better position than the Meg?

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                  But for me - the acceleration is not as savage.

Think of a good launch through the gears - and Top Gear showed this - it is not as QUICK... it may be better handling but IMO driving the VXR well will ruin the 225 / 230...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xDZonrA2Dw

Does it torque steer? No, because there is not as much power, so, learning to use the VXR at it's optimum would surely put it in a better position than the Meg?

Jesus p_d! The car on top gear was the 225 & it wasn't that far behind,
                  that lsd will make a big difference aswell! dont know if i would go racing one.

Comment

Standard VXR vs Standard RS 230 would be v v close. RS is lighter too. Show it some corners and the RS230 would be faster no doubt !

Comment

End of the day does it matter

The Meganes are quick cars(how quick doesn't matter, well not to me ), whether they are quicker than us or not is here nor there to me as I bought the VXR for more than which cars it was quicker than

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi

The Meganes are quick cars(how quick doesn't matter, well not to me ), whether they are quicker than us or not is here nor there to me as I bought the VXR for more than which cars it was quicker than
                        Probably what many ST, CTR mazda 3 mps owners etc etc etc are thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
                          Originally posted by AlexFi

Probably what many ST, CTR mazda 3 mps owners etc etc etc are thinking!
                          Well said!! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by lordnikon
                            Standard VXR vs Standard RS 230 would be v v close. RS is lighter too. Show it some corners and the RS230 would be faster no doubt !
                            RS? Thought that was Ford?

Comment

renault sport

Comment

Working...
                              X