This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central locking problem

ok got two keys one that flips and another is just a key with buttons like the other but doesnt flip lol. ok the flip one, is very tempermental it sometimes works and sometimes doesnt is this the batteries as they could need changing, how much are they and are they easy to change :?
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

how old is your vxr?
    im sure the batteries are changed when you have it serviced

Comment

its a 56 plate had it as an ex demo since jan not had a service whilst i had it yet. just think demos may have been used to unlock, lock, unlock lock

Comment

Yeah, i would have thought an ex demo might have been used a few times more than an average car.

Comment

id take it back to the dealer, im sure they would put a new battery in, no problem

Comment

think i will do im a bit wary of them tho cause i fell out with them big style over my cracked lower splitter repair as they quoted me so high and im almost scared to go in now

Comment

try another dealer, any vauxhall dealer will honour your warrenttie

Comment

so do they keep these batteries in stock or do i have to wait for them to order one in as that seems the case with everything nowadays.

Comment

Pop the battery out and order one online, it will be cheaper and less hassle ! For the sake of <£10 even if it doesn't cure the problem 100% you know the batteries good

Comment

cool cool, ok seems ok, where online any link mate

Comment

i had this problem with mine, sometimes it locked and sometimes not. turned out to be a faulty key, dealer ordered new key under warranty problem solved

Comment

Dealer will NOT change the battery in the key unless u ask em then they will charge you through the roof...

Vaux have had a problem with the keys for sure I no we have replaced a lot lately.....

Defo go see your dealer and try and get a free replacement, just think wat you gonna do if it just packs in and your miles from home...

In fact i bet your carrying the spare around with you

Comment

Replace the battery yourself you can get them for about a fiver from Wilkinsons there cheaper than halfords, replaced mine the other week then just follow the hand book on resyncronising the key to the car. easy as.

Comment

Working...
                          X