X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver window trim???,Advice needed also

Hi folks,
    My vxr is in reg vardy being put throught its paces before i collect on wed but the strange thing about it is that it has silver trim on the outside of car,i thought the trim was black??
    Also,went to have a fly peek at car at night once ot was off transporter and the front bumper is cracked right down middle along with red marks on it,looks to me like its been rubbing against car in front.
    How should i handle this,they will obviously repair bumper with fibreglass etc but do you think i should be demanding a whole new bumper??.
    Not really good having a week old car with a repaired bumper?

Re: Silver window trim???,Advice needed also

Originally posted by Skin
    Hi folks,
    My vxr is in reg vardy being put throught its paces before i collect on wed but the strange thing about it is that it has silver trim on the outside of car,i thought the trim was black??
    Also,went to have a fly peek at car at night once ot was off transporter and the front bumper is cracked right down middle along with red marks on it,looks to me like its been rubbing against car in front.
    How should i handle this,they will obviously repair bumper with fibreglass etc but do you think i should be demanding a whole new bumper??.
    Not really good having a week old car with a repaired bumper?
    A little unsure about the window trim at the moment, the pre production cars did have this trim but it was dropped, it may have been bought back for the 2006 model, perhaps the Mothership would like to explain, if your bumper is cracked it should be replaced for new !!!

Comment

Yes ask them for a new bumper.

Comment

06 production models now have the silver window trim
        if you wont to replace for the black the windows will need to be removed to do so

Comment

My sri Hatch came with a dint in the centre of the rear bumper. I assume it had rubbed up another car on the transporter or had rolled into something, must be a common problem. The dealer replaced it straight away , but unfortunately for some other sod it was swapped with another car in the showroom.

Comment

So there is no way of retrofitting that Silver trim cos I think it looks the nuts and want it on my Arden Blue!
            Sorry to thread hijack but can someone explain (preferbly by pm) why some of the VXR's I have seen have a nice colour coded trim in the front doors (B-pillar trim) where as mine is just plain matt black

Comment

Working...
            X