X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the top end - Sport button ?

At the top end - Sport button ?
    Does it actually make much difference to speed ?
    I recently had the safe opportunity to test the car to what the Origin B2 told me was 143 mph...although in the obvious excitement I never pressed the sport button !!!!
    So, would it have made any difference ???
    cheers
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

I am sure the mothership will correct me, but all the sport button does for the throttle is to give you more flap opening for the same pedal position as opposed to the normal setting (35% rings a bell). You would find that after a certain amount of pedal travel you will not get any more flap opening even if you put your foot down more as it will already be fully open. Its like clicking the flap up a gear to react faster. Of course before anyone jumps on me this is simplistic and also applies only to the normal map not the modified ones where switching between normal and sport alters the power setting.

Comment

Re: At the top end - Sport button ?

Originally posted by M40COO

I recently had the safe opportunity to test the car to what the Origin B2 told me was 143 mph...although in the obvious excitement I never pressed the sport button !!!!
      cheers
      Origin B
      What was your speedo reading

Comment

Origin B2 - speed camera detector

Comment

Did'nt notice the speedo reading...
          was concentrating on the road !
          The Origin B2 has a large speedo reading option, so not distracting too much either.
          I'll certainly make note of how 'out' the speedo was, if I get the chance again !
          tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
          The truth is out there ...

Comment

Originally posted by M40COO
            I'll certainly make note of how 'out' the speedo was, if I get the chance again !
            If you would please, I've had over 150 on the speedo and it was still pulling steadily, It would be nice to have a rough idea of the true reading.

Comment

Working...
            X