This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAGE 2 ASTRA VXR

ASTRA VXR STAGE 2. ive had my astra vxr a couple of months,its done 1800 miles and i wanted some tuning done. i phoned courtenay to see what they had done for it. i decided to go for a stage 2. this was a full milltek exhaust including preCAT pipe and sports CAT and a remap. this was 1695 which i thought wasnt bad for what your getting. they also say to get a high flow air filter and iridium plugs, i got these and fitted them myself before going to courtenay. when i arrived the staff were friendly and polite. i waited for it to be done which took 4-5 hours, i had switchable stage 2, this was to do with the sports button. with the sport button off it is 250bhp and 261lbs ft of torque, with it on it is 280bhp and 287 lbs feet of torque. i was very happy about this.i was also told that ive got an extra 1000 rpm. on my way home which was 200 miles away was a fun drive home, it now done 130 in forth gear and got there quick. if anyones thinking bout getting this done then you really should, its worth it.thanks to everyone at courtenay sport.

Stage 2 is fun, be cool to see some RR results....?

Comment

Pleased you had a good drive home Dean, if you cannot scan your graphs in let me know and I will screen grab them and post them up. I hope your on 97/98 octane now !
      sigpic
      29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

hello jon, yes im running optimax now, the funny thing is i done less petrol on the way back than i did coming up. could you please put my graphs on if thats ok?

Comment

Im a bit confused here, Courtenay describe this remap as a stage two ? I am led to believe that the remap about to be offered by the VXR performance centre/888 racing and TMS is going to be a stage one remap and those remaps are alleged to exceed the BHP figures stated in this post relating to a stage two.
          On the fule point, 6 BHP extra is produced in a VXR using the Tesco 99 Ron fuel.

Comment

Trouble is who defines what stage one,two or three is. It's down to each company's own marketing etc.
            Interesting your comments on the Tesco 99 octane. I found on the vectra it made the car feel slower than Optimax.

Comment

Decent fuel in these cars is a must, it is amazing how many cars are running on cheap supermarket fuel ,but as we are now finding ,not everyone has a petrol station that sells it.

Comment

Hi just to explain what Deans car is and produced. We did a stage 1&3/4 or a 2minus 0.25 if you like .. :P The car has a Front pipe and Milltek cat back exhaust. The main cat is Original- standard. So we produced a file/map for his car to suit the componants fitted. l. This is why its not as powerfull as a stage 2 but quite a bit more than a stage 1.
                Also his car was running 95 octane fuel, we did put some octane booster in, but its not as good as the real thing - 98 octane
                Graphs below show power and torque with sport on and off......

sigpic

Comment

what do you get with a stage one at the vxr performance centre? are you still running standard exhaust,plugs and air filter?

Comment

from what i have heard and some have claimed, a simple remap minus the milltek is putting out approx 280bhp and with the full milltek 295 but dont quote me on that at all only what i have heard in the rumour mill

Comment

The Performance Center remap.... rumour has it that this is being done by Superchips? I remember when they did the ST3000 for MSD and quoted 260bhp, which was later found to be not quite 230bhp (but don't quote me on this!) There seems to be a lot of rumours flying about and power figures quoted for remaps that have yet to be released........ could this be because they have yet to be substanciated?? Will be interesting to see where this all settles in due course.

Comment

As I can talk from experience and been there and done it, 98RON is dead right. The modifications that where applied by MSD and the map did not produce 266bhp as originally quoted on the ST3000, for the road car. In fact the 3.0 never saw any more on a generous rolling road of 264bhp with more modification than MSD applied.So we should really be careful of all these rumours. However I would be surprised if the modified map without a Miltek would produce a sustained 280bhp with any reliability especially as the exhaust gas temps will steadily increase. But there again only time will tell. There's my pennies worth.

Comment

Milage on these cars could be an issue. Late last November I programmed an Astra OPC in Switzerland that had done many kilometers and had a very hard life with test drivers and journalists and this car produced 285 PS and 410NM. While programming different maps I also reached 470Nm, but because of better driveability I reduced the torque to 410Nm.
                          However, I have installed this file on cars here in Germany and also used it in the UK @ Courtenay and all these cars have very low kilometres and as yet we have not repeated these figures! I think there is more to come from these cars when the mileage/kilometers climb. One thing is for sure, if you push these fresh cars much harder than 265-270BHP the exhaust gas temp rises much to high and will lead to damage on your pistons especially if used on the German Autobahn or the track for example.
                          On Jon´s VXR we installed a complete data aquisition system to log EGT, wideband lambda, boost pressure, relative engine load, spark advance, knock retard, inlet air temp and so on to develope a really save setup. The final settings were done while roadtesting his car with the Milltek exhaust. We did a lot for the driveability and also for fuelconsumption on half load and cruising.
                          I don´t like agressive setups, where the customer on his first testdrive thinks, that it has massive power and torque, because latest after two weeks these agressive setups go on your nuts and you think, you have a binary gaspedal.
                          One last note about the Milltek:
                          I love it! When Jon drove away from the hotel, it sounded like a RS4!!! *wrooooom* :P I collect my OPC on Thursday and between Jon (Courtenay) and myself we will be both working very hard on this engine for some time. :wink:
                          Stephan

Comment

Oh boys it would be nice to get 1/2 a stage for the Vectra us old men need a bit of extra power occassionally you know.

Comment

Dont worry old man, its all in hand :P
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X