This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi to all, I have finally been swayed over to the Vauxhall side after seeing the VXR in the flesh and reading the impressive results especially compared with the uninspiring new Focus ST.
    I am all but ready to order, bank has agreed the funds , all that is left now is to decide the spec I want.
    As I'm a big fan of full leather Recaro's (as I have always had in my humble little TDCi Focus) - they were first on the list.
    Xenons were also another must have and congrats to Vauxhall for doing what Ford couldnt - ie "adaptive xenons" (AFL)
    I will also add the CDC 40 and Electronic Climate Control cos I am used to having all this too on my Ghia!
    That then leaves two dilemas - the colour and the wheel size, Now I have owned a black car for the last 4 years and can vouch for the fact that they look better than any other colour when given alot of TLC with lashings of Meguairs and A Glym but at the same time I am also a fan of red cars which when clean can look equally stunning - but my only gripe with red is the "paint fade" issue which I hear is a pigment issue which only effects red cars - or is that all a thing of the past now?
    And thanks to the intelligent posts I have read in the last hour on here - I am in two minds over what size alloys to go for - obviously the 19's look the nuts - but it seems the general concensus is that the 18's are more practical for everyday driving conditions!
    What I would like - if anyone can help, is to actually see a pic or two of a black VXR so that I can decide which I prefer!
    Gonna be a fun time jumping from a humble 1.8 TCI Focus up to 240BHP of rip roaring VXR - cant wait to get the order in

Some pics of a black VXR here for ya
    http://www.mikey.ssebroadband.co.uk/TheBlack1/
    and a taster

Comment

red and black together

Comment

Cheers for the pics guys!
        My mind has been swayed over to black now
        So I'm on the lookout for the following if anyone comes across a matching spec...
        Black
        Full Recaro Leather Interior
        Xenon Lighting
        CDC 40 Upgrade
        Electronic Climate Control
        And either 18's or 19's - not too fussed there!

Comment

Can do you a silver one!!! with all you want plus Nav

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon
            Cheers for the pics guys!
            My mind has been swayed over to black now
            So I'm on the lookout for the following if anyone comes across a matching spec...
            Black
            Full Recaro Leather Interior
            Xenon Lighting
            CDC 40 Upgrade
            Electronic Climate Control
            And either 18's or 19's - not too fussed there!
            May be of help, but not sure on spec
            http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=399

Comment

Working...
            X