X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuffed Alloys

Hi folks,
    Not a good day... ran one of my 19" alloys against a kerb (****!) I could spend all weekend working on it but really ain't got time. Can anyone recommend a good reliable organisation (preferably mobile) who can do a quality repair for me? I've seen 'wicked wheels' mentioned somewhere, but can't recall the thread. Any comments / recommendations?

Re: Scuffed Alloys

Originally posted by R20 VXR
    Hi folks,
    Not a good day... ran one of my 19" alloys against a kerb (****!) I could spend all weekend working on it but really ain't got time. Can anyone recommend a good reliable organisation (preferably mobile) who can do a quality repair for me? I've seen 'wicked wheels' mentioned somewhere, but can't recall the thread. Any comments / recommendations?
    Both WWW.WICKEDWHEELS.CO.UK (Autocar magazine use them) and CHIPSAWAY have good reputations for a good quality repair at a reasonable price.
    If it is a bad scuff CHIPSAWAY may need to take it back to base.
    Hope you get it sorted ok
    Mark
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that... I've got a call / e-mail out to the regional 'WW' guy. Any testimonials from others would be welcome

Comment

Re: Scuffed Alloys

Originally posted by R20 VXR
        Hi folks,
        Hey your not the only one mate, did mine on the first day, and the wife has done both fronts since.

Comment

do what i did, buy two extra wheels from a mate at vauxhauls , 150 each, me happy with that, know gonna kurb or pothole one at least, doh!
          Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

I managed to scuff one of my Irmscher alloys (over 1k a set) after only having the car 1 week! Got forced too close to the kurb by a woman in a chelsea tractor who was at least a foot over the white line.
            Popped down to WW (only 2 miles away) and booked the car in, they even came to collect the car at 8am and dropped it back after lunch, wasn't the cheapest repair you could get (50 quid + VAT) but they did a superb job and it looks as good as new and they even did a small scratch on one of the rears for free, I can highly recommend them if each outfit is of the same quality but of course that might not be the case, my local one was in High Wycombe.

Comment

A good company to repair alloys is PERFECTION ALLOYS there a mobile company

Comment

I spoke to the local Wicked Wheels guy today... referred to his mobile by the regional contact from the website. This guy suggested that I meet him somewhere in the City on Friday morning and as there was no spare I should let him have the car to take it away for the repair! As if!
                If the other suggestions don't deliver then it looks like I'm doing it myself then!

Comment

Working...
                X