This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I am new to the site so hi to all. I pick up my vxr on saturday, cant wait , ive traded in my 05 civic type-r.
    Can someone tell me how the vxr compares to the type-r on the motorway as i didnt get to stretch its legs on the test drive.
    Also i take it the alarm is thatcham cat 1 approved ?.

Hi and Welcome I would have thought the Astra VXR would be a better cruiser than the Civic type R because on Fitthgear they said it was a comfortable car to drive last series.

Comment

Hi there, I also chopped in a CTR (04/54) for the VXR. Could'nt stand the noise on the motorway any longer (I do 80-90 miles per day on the M5). You will find the VXR a joy to drive. The CTR was great fun down the country lanes when over 5500rpm, but you could'nt hear yourself think but could visibly see the petrol guage going down! ...Bit spooky really as my initials are also CW Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by R20 VXR
        Hi there, I also chopped in a CTR (04/54) for the VXR. Could'nt stand the noise on the motorway any longer (I do 80-90 miles per day on the M5). You will find the VXR a joy to drive. The CTR was great fun down the country lanes when over 5500rpm, but you could'nt hear yourself think but could visibly see the petrol guage going down! ...Bit spooky really as my initials are also CW Have fun!
        Yes very spooky .
        Is the alarm a cat 1?.

Comment

it is mate

Comment

I think you should enjoy the Astra where ever you take it. It has loads of guts on the motorway and the noise does not intrude into the cabin. Soaks the cats eyes up well and feels very flexible, not quiet as flexible as the Vectra but there you go well in standard form.

Comment

Well i picked it up today (day earlier). I cant stop .
              This thing feels quicker than my old type-r!. Love the sport button .
              Just need to make sure i dont go too mad for the 1st 600 miles, already put the foot down more than a few times.
              girlfriend annoyed me a little by saying she couldnt here the whoosh of the turbo like her brothers old Mk4 golf gti (150bhp). Said maybe not but its a stronger surge than the gti :wink:

Comment

Working...
              X