This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW DOES YOUR EXHAUST HANG?

Hi picked me new astra vxr up on friday in arden blue with 19''s on and lovin every second im in it, and when im not init i cant stop goin outside to look at it, anyway could anybody post photos of there exhaust, does anybodys hang low?? and slightly under bumper?? or is it flush and up to bumper? or isit just mine hope somebody can help cheers shane.

I should imagine that theres a slight gap between the exhaust and the bumper because of when it gets hot, There really nice motors I was allowed to sit in a red Astra VXR with 2 white viper stripes along the middle it was ace, at my local Vauxhall garage because we were looking for a new Astra SXI

Comment

Can you post some pics as it would help to sww what you are talking about . If you also check the "growing exhaust" post it may help.

Comment

mate mine hung low also
        but i now have a milltek which finishes off the rear nicely
        its an issue with the hangers and can be sorted out by your dealers
        Shane

Comment

We've seen a few standard systems hang a bit low, seems to be common. THere's not much adjustment to the original one but it can be tailoered a bit by the dealer if you're unhappy.
          Of course you can always upgrade it to the Milltek :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
            Of course you can always upgrade it to the Milltek :wink:
            as i did and the difference is very noticeable with the full system, performance. power delivery and not forgetting the nice growl and pop on gear changes the way the VXR should be :wink:

Comment

Cant work out how to post photos? think i will be takin to dealers to get sorted as its hangin quit low and under bumper. :wink: [/img]

Comment

On the rear hanger mounted behind the bumper there are 2x10mm headed nuts (see picture) these provide a degree of up and down adjustment. This adjustment can be carried out with the car on the floor as you do have easy access to the nuts, put some masking tape on the bumper apature or a cloth around the tailpipe, loosen the nuts, get someone to hold in the required position and tighten the 2X10mm headed nuts.

Hope this helps .. Jon
                sigpic
                29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

HI JON, THANKS ALOT FOR THE ADVICE WILL SORT IT THIS WEEKEND CHEERS SHANE. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                  X