This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Coming!!!

I wanted new but alas things dont always work out that way but I managed to get myself a 3 month old Arden Blue baby with about 3000 on the clock with the following extras - 19"'s AFL Xenons, Full Recaro interior, Climate Control and two other smaller options - not sure which these are to hand! Price was £12,800 with my 2002 focus in px!!!
    Anyhow, as with the Focus I am gonna mod - nothing cosmetic but would like some questions answered if possible by anyone who may have done the same mods!!!
    I want to rip out the CD30 and put in a CDC40 with DAB - is this a straight forward swap??
    Also - how easy is it to retrofit the electric folding mirrors? Is the wiring loom already present in the VXR or would I have to have these hardwired from scratch!
    Lastly - with this car being in theory a Network Q car and all of 3 months old - I am going to demand that its in showroom condition when I receive it - ie NO marks on the paint, let alone the alloys, what other things should I make sure are included???
    cheers and hope you guys can help!!!

Hi Jon
    In relation to the CDC40 because this is a DAB unit it requires a different Aerial, mounting and connectors etc. So not just a pull out push in job.
    Also Im certain the harness is not there for the mirrors so again this would have to be hardwired
    If the car is a "Used Car " which it is, I dont think the "Showroom condition" thing will work as at the end of the day the car has done 3000miles. But if you dont ask you dont get
    Cheers Dougie

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate - I expected the CDC40 to be slightly different and discussed this with VX parts earlier and we both agreed that a secondary aeriel would be needed for the DAB but apart from that I am pushed to see if much else would be different???
      Concerning the car - I am in a position where if its not to my liking or up to my standard I can get my deposit back - so confident is the dealer than the car is kosher so its just a case of fingers crossed" - I am off to view the car at the weekend!!!
      If the wiring loom for the folding mirrors isnt present - then I need to now find out who and if anyone on here or the Astra Forums has had these retrofitted?

Comment

All those minor mods you have planned will just not interest you when you realise what serious mods you could be making to your new car. 300bhp is just a whisker away and once you have experienced some of the power that the standard car has to offer you will just want more, folding mirrors serve no purpose at 140mph and you cant hear the stereo over the sound of the Miltek exhaust, not that you would want to cos the exhaust sounds better anyway. The price you have paid is criminal, bite the dealers hand off, secure that car today with that deal, you will not want to give it back, it is after all the most powerful 2 litre front wheel drive production car of all time, can you handle it ? Are you VXR enough ?

Comment

I hear what you are saying S3VXR but if I told you that speed doesnt interest me one bit would it shock you or would your reply be "then why the f*ck are you buying a VXR"
          I commute to and from work - all of 8 miles and at most other times have my five year old boy in the car with me - so I certainly wont be ragging around the dual carriageways here in MK cos it does nothing for me! And the zero tolerance of the old bill here against people hammering cars is all to evident!
          Admittedly - the thought of pulling up alongside a few of the local Cruisers in their Civics and such and then putting them in their place sounds appealing but at the end of the day that just makes me look a big headed ****** :P
          I have other plans, dont get me wrong and with Thorney all of 3 miles away from my house - I shall be down there for the Miltek and maybe at some point the stage 1 but for the time being I will work on the more subtle stuff such as what I mentioned in the first thread and then see where we go!
          I am very big on the cosmetic side of modding having built a well "respected" Focus (based on looks not performance) but with the VXR - thats all done for me so I will do the stuff that needs doing, get the "must have" 'VXR' plate from DVLA and then some privacy tints!
          All in good time my friend but the more subtle things first!
          Glad you think its a bargain too

Comment

Re: Its Coming!!!

Originally posted by Vxr Jon
            I
            I want to rip out the CD30 and put in a CDC40 with DAB - is this a straight forward swap??
            The CDC40 as fitted to the Astra VXR from the factory is not a DAB unit.
            Maybe double check that it can be made so?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
              I
              The CDC40 as fitted to the Astra VXR from the factory is not a DAB unit.
              Maybe double check that it can be made so?
              Yeah mate - I had to be awkward and want the DAB verion
              Surely its just a case of an additional aeriel???

Comment

Yeah mate - I had to be awkward and want the DAB verion
                Surely its just a case of an additional aeriel???
                I'm not sure what the reason was it was made non-DAB (?!)- I would ask your dealership to ring the VX technical department so you don't waste your hard-earned.
                I had the CDC40 fitted as it offers a better sound as it is rated at 45w output per speaker channel as opposed to the 20W on CDC30.
                This means the car also came with higher output speakers to cope with the extra juice so I think you may need to get all the speakers upgraded if you are enthusiastic with the volume knob!
                Hope this helps
                Mark
                sigpic

Comment

I ordered my sri hatch with DAB and after al ot of debate with Vauxhall they finally gave it me. Apparently the DAB aerial with its amplifyer base interferes with the spoiler on the hatch, strange as the SRI doesn't have one, which is why they gave in , but its still not listed in the options because the 5 door and estate have a spoiler, too difficult i suppose?.

Comment

Working...
                  X