X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR ordering Tomorrow !!! ???'S

Hi All
    I am ordering my new VXR in the morning. It was a tough choice between the VXR and the ST to be honest.
    I currently have a Leon Cupra R at 275 bhp and hope the VXR will live up to the performance i already enjoy?
    Anyway these are the options i think i will have
    19 " wheels
    Arden Blue
    Cruise Control
    Climate Control
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Xenon lights
    A few Questions please ???
    1. I hope my car will have the chrome window trim as i believe it is on all 2006 VXR's etc.
    2. Any pics of a VXR with the rear parking sensors fitted.
    3. The UK VXR site states the disks are drilled and slotted, are they ??? & if not why does it quote this.
    http://www.vxr-vauxhall.co.uk/homenav.html
    Please advise with opinions and pics please please & again a big hello to everyone.

Re: VXR ordering Tomorrow !!! ???'S

Originally posted by Turbowayne
    Hi All
    I currently have a Leon Cupra R at 275 bhp and hope the VXR will live up to the performance i already enjoy?
    1. I hope my car will have the chrome window trim as i believe it is on all 2006 VXR's etc.
    2. Any pics of a VXR with the rear parking sensors fitted.
    3. The UK VXR site states the disks are drilled and slotted, are they ??? & if not why does it quote this.
    http://www.vxr-vauxhall.co.uk/homenav.html
    Please advise with opinions and pics please please & again a big hello to everyone.
    1. 2006 spec includes chrome trim.
    2. I have PDC sensors - the placement/colour coded paint means they look fine.
    3. The publicity does state drilled/slotted disks but these had to be dropped from the spec to meet the price point of £19k.
    The car would probably benefit from some better brake pads IMHO.
    We also have your current car Revo Technik?
    You need to pay a visit to John @ Thorney Motorsport in MK (www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk) to get a Full Milltek Exhaust and VXR Re-map to match your modded LCR but you will end up with fabulous service, great product and a 290bhp machine for under £2k which you will love!
    sigpic

Comment

We also have your current car Revo Technik?
      You need to pay a visit to John @ Thorney Motorsport in MK (www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk) to get a Full Milltek Exhaust and VXR Re-map to match your modded LCR but you will end up with fabulous service, great product and a 290bhp machine for under £2k which you will love!
      [/quote]
      Hmmm i was expecting the VXR to be on par with my R straight from the factory or pretty near to it, so maybe that is not the case without chipping the VXR ???

Never mind the potential must be there i guess

Comment

Hmmm i was expecting the VXR to be on par with my R straight from the factory or pretty near to it, so maybe that is not the case without chipping the VXR ???

Never mind the potential must be there i guess
        It is on a par, but you are dropping 40bhp in a heavier car.
        A remapped LCR is an extremely fast car!
        But for a small outlay you get an absolutely storming car believe me!
        Having both I can assure you, you definitely won't be disappointed !!!
        Order away!
        HTH
        mark
        sigpic

Comment

Cheers & thanks
          That does not sound too bad then & i guess the VXR handles a lot better as well ???

Any pics of those rear sensors please ???

Comment

Cheers & thanks
            That does not sound too bad then & i guess the VXR handles a lot better as well ???

Any pics of those rear sensors please ???
            I will send you pic
            If you want better handling you are best to go for the 18" wheels with normal suspension as this is the highly tuned set up by Gavin Henshaw from Lotus specific to UK roads
            sigpic

Comment

HI TURBOWAYNE, I ALSO HAD A LEON CUPRA R 03 REG, SPENT THOUSENDS ON IT GOT IT UP TO 304BHP WITH 291 FT LB, I NO OWN A 06 ASTRA VXR AND I WOULD SAY JUST WITH THE REMAP THE POWER FEELS JUST AS RESPONSIVE AS MY CUPRA R IF NOT BETTER GOOD LUCK SHANE.

Comment

Working...
              X