X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie!

Hello everyone.
    Just someone else who is about to join your VXR club (in a few weeks hopefully! ordered 3 weeks ago dealer tells me 2 or so weeks left!)
    im upgrading from a wee saxo vtr so hopefully this car will feel unreal acceleration wise, handling etc etc. Not bought it with any options just the car and red in colour. (dear enough and looked the best in this colour anyway in my opinion) hope its half as good as the reviews on this site as i will be delighted!
    is the miltek exhaust system really worth the money?? do you notice the difference at the wheel or is it more sound for your pound your paying for?
    Cheers!
    :wink:
    STEALTH

Welcome to the site and I am sure you will enjoy the car. I understand the Miltek is worth the money so give one of the tuners like Courtenays a call.

Comment

Miltek is worth every penny the sound is amazing and the performance change is quite dramatic.

Comment

Cheers lads looks like i have some saving ahead of me!
        Hey the dealer phoned and I get my car in just over two weeks! I can pick it up on the 15th of April!!!
        one question? does the vxr run on normal petrol or the premium stuff or both? depending how flush im feeling?
        Cheers :wink:
        STEALTH

Comment

Both to my knowledge but better on super. The super is also better for driving hard just due to its ability to prevent knock plus of course the usual stuff.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

You just cant get enough rons in the fuel the more rons you get in the VXR the better it runs, Tesco 99ron, or shell optimax are the best two

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                You just cant get enough rons in the fuel the more rons you get in the VXR the better it runs, Tesco 99ron, or shell optimax are the best two
                thank god you said that - I filled up with the Tesco 99 Ron stuff last night and the car seems even happier than it did on Optimax. Do I take it then that the overpriced BP Ultimate is the poor bridesmaid of the 3?

Comment

I drove round europe last year and was able to fill up on Shell V-Power 100 ron fuel in Austria, still had some left by the time we got to the Nürburgring, would like to see Shell sell it over here too! Quality fuel, really helped with the altitude and keeping up with the beemers on the Autobahn.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                    Miltek is worth every penny the sound is amazing and the performance change is quite dramatic.
                    Are you talking about a full system or cat back.

Comment

Thanks for the advice 98ron fuel or higher it is then!
                      as for the exhaust i feel that if im going to spend even more money then the full system it has to be. now another question people if i get the full system (please be honest) would the extra £££ for an engine remap be worth the extra or would i notice a considerable difference anyway with just the full system?
                      cheers! :wink:
                      STEALTH

Comment

oh also ment to ask I will be picking my car up from reading so when i head beck north i could aim for thorney motorsport to get the above done, (full exhaust and remap) now question to those in the know my car will not have been run in will this affect the above operation? and should i just wait until i have say a couple of thousand miles on the clock?
                        STEALTH

Comment

i had mine remapped by Thorney Motossport with 3000 on the clock
                          Mark who had his done at the same time had i believe approx 1300miles
                          i would recommend atleast over 600 before the remap, exhaust doesnt matter, can be fitted from new

Comment

Working...
                          X