This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek and warrantee

Hi all, how does the fitting of a Milltek affect the warantee on the car?

The beauty of the Milltek is thats its VXL approved so it will not effect your warrenty.
    Sounds great too..
    sigpic
    29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Originally posted by A11VXL
      Sounds great too..
      i will second that

Comment

Do not forget that the miltek comes with a lifetime guarantee, a little better than the manufacturers warranty.

Comment

At least Vauxhall in the UK are awake and allow certain mods, unlike here in SA where they invalidate your warentee if you change a press stud!
          Have there been any hassles when the cats are removed...i.e. do the lambda sensors become affected and thereby the fueling is altered?

Comment

no problems with mine
            plenty of testing went into the exhaust before it was released
            especially being an authorised vxl upgrade so i doubt we will encounter any problems with a full milltek fitted

Comment

Bit of clarification i think, the mothership may be the best to comment. I believe that there are no warranty issues as long as any failure is 'non related' ie door handle falling off. However, if a piston were to fry it could be construed as related failure as the exhaust alters the fueling of the car. In that instance i believe that Miltek cover it!!
              Removing cats would not be covered by either Vx or Miltek i would imagine.
              Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

I guess Dougie or Stuart should advise. As the exhaust was offered as an option I understood that kept the warranty, although I don't think for £450 it was the full system.
                But as the full system is VXL approved I thought it allowed the warranty to stay in place in full, considering these exhaust can be purchased from the VXL dealers.

Comment

C'mon Capt Kirk and Scotty!!!!
                  Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

The full system was also offered as an option not just the cat back !!!
                    Both were listed as options and therfore will not affect the warranty.

Comment

Caspy's summary is correct. We (Milltek/TMS) cover the warranty on it and any potential related failures, your standard Vauxhall warranty is left unchanged.

Comment

Nice that you have got Milltek over there and that an agreement exists between them and the manufacturer. In SA the car has to remain standard, sad, since we have a large following that likes to go out and race with the VW's, BM's and other takers and we all know you always want the performance bits for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X