This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed :)

Hi everyone, hope all is well. I am new to the forum and so so close to ordering a tasty VXR. I have looked at the ST but the styling is too boring for my liking. Plus the VXR seems very tunable.
    I have a few queries and would appreciate it if you guys n gals could give me some help. Appologies if the questions are pants!!
    1. My last car (350Z) was black and after a while the swirls did my head in, yet i am considering black again. Should i go for Arden blue or does it not do the VXR justice?
    2. In terms of options, i definately want the 19" wheels. Is it worth paying extra for climate and would i be able to hear the difference if i paid for the CDC 40 system?
    3. On the options list the exhaust system is £450 + fitting. Is this the full Milltek system?
    4. Has anyone got a cracking deal from the dealers? Should i try and get some discount?
    Sorry about the waffle everyone. Just wanting to get it right!!
    Cheers

Hi and welcome. I personally think the Astra in Arden blue is the best colour . As for the wheels, it is agreed that the 19's look the best but just a point to note is that the 18's are slightly quicker for acceleration overall (not to 60 , as the 18's do not reach 60, but better mid range acceleration), but they also give the car better handling. I do not have the CD40 but understand it to be a worth while option but does not play MP3's (someone correct me if I am wrong on this). Exhaust , I thought the £450 was for the cat back.
    HTH
    Mark

Comment

cat back is £450, my recommendation is if u have the money go the full system (well worth the £1145) Mark is correct cd40 is 6 disc and not mp3 compatible, 19's for looks definatly but the 18's do shine on the handling front especially on b-roads (remap the car with 18's and you can hit 60 in second and more )
      black looks nice indeed

Comment

Re: Help Needed

Originally posted by Libz79
        Hi everyone, hope all is well. I am new to the forum and so so close to ordering a tasty VXR. I have looked at the ST but the styling is too boring for my liking. Plus the VXR seems very tunable.
        1. My last car (350Z) was black and after a while the swirls did my head in, yet i am considering black again. Should i go for Arden blue or does it not do the VXR justice?
        2. Is it worth paying extra for climate and would i be able to hear the difference if i paid for the CDC 40 system?
        3. On the options list the exhaust system is £450 + fitting. Is this the full Milltek system?
        Cheers
        These are non pants questions !
        1. I avoided black for years because of washing/scratch issues but always loved every black car I saw on the road lol
        I think the car is superb in black and know I made the right call for me having seen all the other colours. Just make sure you see them all in the flesh before you buy and use the proper polishes and waxes.
        2. The CDC 40 does sound much better then the 30 mainly because its a 45W/channel system as opposed to 20w and has upgraded speakers to match.
        Climate - you will miss it if you have had it previously I think.
        3. Try and get the full system if you can. Better performance/sound and lifetime guarantee - transforms your car.
        HTH
        mark
        sigpic

Comment

Happy to look at a deal!!
          email your req's.
          Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Originally posted by caspy
            Happy to look at a deal!!
            email your req's.
            pm sent

Comment

Would be interesting to find out what sort of deals you guys managed to get when ordering.

Comment

Flame red is to die for. 19s look fabulous. Climate control a must when waving goodbye to all those frenchies on the autoroute.
                Sports exhaust cosmetic in terms of performance, but makes the VXR sound great.
                Deal, you should get a good one if you are prepared to walk away. However, this is a top of the range auto so the dealers won't give in without a fight.
                Enjoy

Comment

[quote="MoveOver"]
                  Sports exhaust cosmetic in terms of performance, but makes the VXR sound great.
                  quote]
                  full milltek?

Comment

Aussie, as ever your point is well made.
                    However, I have to think of the beloved. We are within a hairs breath of owning a car that tops 150, accelerates to 60 in just over 6 seconds. It has alloys that she is going to be terrified to kurb and numerous other wiz bangs that are of absolutely no consequence to her.
                    She doesn't realise that when she hits 3000 rpm the car is going to take off like a Jack Russell after a 5lb bunny.
                    To cap it all it has cost a mint.
                    Now after all that to hit her with full Miltek at just shy of £1700 would be to push my luck just a tadge over the line marked 'survival'.
                    However, give me a couple of months

Comment

just shy of £1700 should see you not far off the magic 300 ps figure with a remap and full milltek, then your misses will know what its all about :wink:

Comment

My missus certainly will Aussie - I have ditched all other plans and the wonga for Thorney to perform this work is gonna be obtained even if I have to Ebay the mother

Comment

you will be impressed mate but i doubt your mum will be
                          i still am almost 4 weeks later

Comment

Working...
                          X