This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its here!!!

Finally picked up my Arden Blue baby or the ASBO on wheels as its been dubbed by the few who have seen it!
    Could I have been the first person on here to shell out serious money on reputation alone seeing as I didnt bother test driving prior :P
    Anyhow up until 5pm tonight I had never driven anything more powerful that a 115BHP Diesel Focus so I took it easy until getting onto the M69 and suddnly "whoosh" - I was off - looked at the speedo and was hitting "slightly over" the legal speed limit and it still wanted to go! the only thing I could compare it to was walking 2 big bloody rottweillers on leads and they see a cat - they just go and you are dragged along whether you like it or not!
    So I took a "leisurely" drive up into Leicester and then back down the M1 to MK where I filled her up with Optimax and set about working out all the buttons! Aint touched the "sports" button yet and wont until I get used to the massive hike in power from the TDCi!
    Anyhow I'm over the moon - I didnt buy new cos I dont like the depreciation once off the forecourt so here is the spec and the price paid!
    Arden Blue, 19's, 4500 on the clock, Full Leather Recaros, Climate and AFL! all this for £12,995 with my 2002 Focus providing the £6k trade in - total £18,995! Over the moon with the car - its just out of this world.
    Only way I think it could be improved would be a little more styling - like some more chrome in places cos it looks so good with the Arden Blue!
    On and the must have "J20 VXR" is going on car tomorrow

Hmmmm not sure you like it really , nah one happy person there!

Comment

congrats mate and nicely run in to, it only gets better with the added milage,
      im already over the 5000 mark since i picked it up on the 23rd Dec

Comment

Nice one mate hit the sport button

Comment

You certainly would not have been the first one to buy the car without test driving it, many of us placed orders for the car as far back as april last year, not only did we not test drive it but we didnt realy even see one until our own car was delivered. Enjoy your car mate !!!

Comment

My view after 4 days of ownership is simply "******* incredible"
            Everything about this car is amazing!
            Anyhow - back down to earth and I am already looking at ways to mod the car - first thing that has to be changed is the brake pads cos I am too used to low dust producing pads like EBC's etc that the amount of break dust is already annoying me (Recommendations welcome) - the other thing is that the car needs something doing with the CD30 and I have all my old Ice sat here thats less than a year old!!!
            Apart from that - its the daily chore of keeping it spotless with the help of the whole Meguairs range and a few select autoglym products too!
            Here is the car after a good polish and wax yesterday! The Meguiars Gold Class Wax really worked a treat and seemed to deepen the blue!

Comment

Nice pics, plate spot on

Comment

Hi All.
                My first post, I have my new VXR on order for June as I'll be in Australia for six weeks. Don't know if I'm more excited about that or the car. I to haven't test driven and to answer the John VXR who didn't like the depreciation. I have ordered through Broadspeed online, with 19inchers, sat nav C70 pearlescent paint Arden Blue and electronic climate control. The price basic was £18995 minus saving of £1423.41 plus all extras plus delivery and 6 months tax, all for £19612. Only problem is I have to get down to Reading to pick it up, I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. Can't wait, great site by the way, I'm enjoying all the posts. By the way I've had a BMW for the last 7 years, hope this car is as good, its a bit cheaper than the M3 at nearly £50,000. By the way I,m 51 year old it must be the kid in me. Great to be part of your company. :P

Comment

Hopefully you'll enjoy the car. I cant match you for years, but had an E46 M3 a few years ago and dont really miss it. Some of the fun is knowing the car isnt costing you a fortune and depreciating like a new M3
                  Guess youve bought your car from Autobytel, hence Reading as your dealer

Comment

Yes Chins,
                    Autobytel, Broadspeed they are the same company. I agree, the more expensive the greater the drop, hence it was either a new house and cheaper car or an M3 and grief from my better half. No win situation, I'm sure I'll enjoy the VXR it seems a bit of a beast. Are you old enough to remember the Lotus Europa? my mate had one in the seventies, boy could that go. So thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

a remap and milltek exhaust on the astra and you will be sticking with an M3 well enought

Comment

Aussie,
                        Excuse my ignorance, is a Remap a chip change and the Milltek just a tuned exaust? I am hearing and reading all this jargon, but being a bit of an old fuddy duddy ( joking ) I'm trying to keep up with all you fanatics. Thanks for the reply anyway, the insurance on these beasts is not to bad, for the performance. Keep the faith

Comment

hey mate
                          remap is an downloaded program the the ecu
                          no longer do they have to remove the ecu and replace the chip
                          milltek exhaust is the official VXR sports exhaust system that can be ordered and fitted by your dealer

Comment

Hi Aussie,
                            Thanks for the info, what sort of cost are we talking about and where can it be done. I am due to pick my car up in June from Inchcape in Reading. Look forward to it with great anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                            X