X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ST has been binned!

Hi Everyone.
    I'm a newbie here so a quick hello first!
    After months of waiting and frustration I'm going to cancel my order on an ST and order a shiny new VXR in black
    So here goes my questions!
    The VXR looks amazing and is clearly quick but all this talk about too much torquesteer put me off initially. Is there any truth in this or does it go as well as it looks. Dealer won't let me test drive until I put my deposit down.
    Apart from leather there aren't many options I think I need. Does anyone think certain options are a must?
    All comments are welcome. And apologies for initially opting for the ST

Hi Shaun and Welcome. My suggestion is to find another dealer or ask him to put in wrtiting that the deposit will be refundable if you don't like the car.
    I have driven an Astra for 1 hour and I did not have a problem with the torquesteer. Our Vectra VXR is supposed to suffer with the same issue but I don't find it a problem. I am sure the Focus is a very good car, but personally my money would go on the Astra and I would be surprised if you didn't like it.

Comment

Hi Shaun.
      Pick another dealer, sorry, but if that their attitude vote with your feet!!
      If hadnt sold our demo yesterday would have offered a drive in ours.
      Dont worry about the torque steer, it has some, but no worse than ST really, just has more incisive steering that makes feel more edgy.
      A friendly Vauxhall Dealer.
      PS
      Where are you in the country ?
      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Hi Shaun welcome i have recently picked up my astra vxr and can honestly say that torque steer so far has not been an issue and i love the way it drives and responds to steering inputs as with the others mate if the dealer is not going to let you drive the car without a deposit find another one there are plenty out there that will happily let ypu drive there's

Comment

Have to agree with Capsy on this. There are many dealers with VXR and that was the original purpose of them getting them first so if the car is their demo then thats what its there for and I'm sure VXL will not be too chuffed to know that their dealers are not eltting people tes drive the car.
          To be honest the relationship with this dealer has now been tarnished. Which dealer is it?

Comment

Hi Everyone
            Thanks for your comments. Would've responded sooner but I've been out all day working. I've taken on board your comments and have an appointment with another dealer tomorrow when I can go out for a test drive. If I like it I've been told I can probably buy the demo car itself. I'm quite interested in this if the price is right because it'll save waiting but I'm a little concerned that the car probably wasn't run in carefully before punters gave it the beans on a test drive. Do you reckon I should be at all concerned or just go for it? The sooner I can get that shiny new VXR on the driveway the better really
            Cheers
            Shaun

Comment

Ask if the car has been used for unsupervised Test Drives? Then make your decision from the response you get.
              For example I know that my dealers Astra has never been out on an unsupervised demo.

Comment

personally, I always try to go for a new car if funds permit. But really the running in process does require a certain amount of high rpm, not to the red line but a good 5000-5500 rom in low gears. My opinion however.

Comment

Hi shaun same here i had an ST on order first it was march then april then july so i told them to stick it .
                  Saw and drove the vxr and just had to have it
                  Excellent car.

Comment

Originally posted by jules
                    Hi shaun same here i had an ST on order first it was march then april then july so i told them to stick it .
                    Excellent car.
                    Hi mate
                    Yeah, I had a cracking deal on the ST but the wait was looking endless. So perhaps not such a cracking deal hey!?!
                    Anyway, the VXR was always the better looking of the two by far so hopefully when I've been for a spin in one I'll be hooked.
                    Test drive booked for 3pm today

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Shaun
                      Originally posted by jules
                      Excellent car.
                      Hi mate
                      Yeah, I had a cracking deal on the ST but the wait was looking endless. So perhaps not such a cracking deal hey!?!
                      Anyway, the VXR was always the better looking of the two by far so hopefully when I've been for a spin in one I'll be hooked.
                      Test drive booked for 3pm today
                      Hi mate
                      well have you ordered one

Comment

Working...
                      X